Alpari UK Announces Insolvency

Discussion in 'Forex' started by doublechin, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Oh well, then no negative vib need to be posted.
    Found out some honest people who reconned they were on the wrong side.

#11     Jan 16, 2015
  2. Anybody else has an account with AlpariUK ?...

maybe i'm one of the few who has a positive balance...

their website is locked on 1 page.. can't contact them.

"the majority of clients sustaining losses which has exceeded their account equity"

wow..

#12     Jan 16, 2015
  3. JTrades

JTrades

Yes, a small one.

I've been through this before with Worldspreads (insolvency due to alleged accounting fraud).

You should get your money back, although the process could take a few months.

#13     Jan 16, 2015

4. hmm.. not good. I hope it doesn't take that long.

#14     Jan 16, 2015
  5. Humpy

Humpy

The 2 reasons put forward are:-
    1. The SNB ( Swiss National Bank ) suddenly changed it's rules.
    2. Part of the US embargo against the Russians. Alpari is owned by the Russians.

And yes I have a small account with them and so am pissed off either way.

#15     Jan 16, 2015
  6. JamesL

JamesL

#16     Jan 16, 2015

7. Interesting angle. But the russians have to have a way to learn anyway. So for them to lose a little money is fair.

#17     Jan 16, 2015
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

So basically, less clients and the clients they had as 99% of Forex / traders in general, where losing, so smaller and smaller accounts before they didn't have the cash to operate again.

Can't really blame SL's for that, not having SL's and letting the market run against you uncontrolaby is actually the issue.

But the no SL loving brain deaders aren't going to understand that any time soon, because they had this trade right, the once right, which like you know right, went to the SL right, then it like yeah went back into profit right, so that SL right your getting this right was taken out by the banks yeah right right right, definately not the traders fault for screwing up on the direction right yeah right!

But then they worked out, rather than right learn to right yeah, actually yeah trade then if they just like yeah stopped using SL's all together than most right yeah right will go back to profit right yeah, but they right yeah right the few that don't, right well, just right ignore them yeah ?

Sorry for all the yeah's and rights, just trying to dump it down to a level EJ can understand right !!

do you get your money back if any in there ?? are FXCM next ? should I be thinking keep account to a Min and look for a futures real broker ? or all basically the same boat and take your chances ?

Right :)

#18     Jan 16, 2015
    lucysparabola likes this.
  9. FXCM is through. > -90% shares pre-market. Good riddance.

#19     Jan 16, 2015
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Sorry it's a Friday simple english for a IT guy please, does that mean SCREWED ??

#20     Jan 16, 2015