Almost Risk Free Trade

Discussion in 'Options' started by benysl, Aug 8, 2007.

1. benysl

benysl

I have as little experience as you have in stocks options or ETF options.
    I am a futures options guy, my main trade is ES.

but ETF options look good for diversification so I will be looking into it more this 2 years.

#41     Aug 19, 2007
  2. "double diagonal aka straddle strangle swap or calendarised iron wing spread. Usually configured as short closer dated straddle or strangle protected by wider strike further dated strangle." (OTTHR cottle).
    It's good to see you had a hearty laugh (after all, laughter is the best medicine) but it would be helpful if you checked your facts before posting. All you achieved is to expose your ignorance regarding option terminology.
    db

#42     Aug 20, 2007
  3. Why don't you read the posts properly before responding? Noone claimed that this was a risk free trade. If you have nothing better to do than to post newby type rubbish then do us all a favour and find another site - I'm sure we all realise that there's no "free money" (duhhh). We're all here to learn and help eachother. Why are you here (rhetorical)?
    db

#43     Aug 20, 2007
  4. "Almost" risk free

That's a bit like almost a virgin

#44     Aug 20, 2007
  5. Lol! Well, there's 'little risk', 'medium risk' and 'big risk' :). I would call benysl example a 'little risk' trade, especially if only one calendarised IC is involved.
    db

#45     Aug 20, 2007
  6. benysl

benysl

to clarify the title of "almost risk free trade"
    now come on if you have been trading long enough, you know there is no such thing as risk free. Not even such a thing as low risk high return.
    Low risk low return or
    high risk high return or
    high risk low return

Before this I post the same post with the title double diagonal condor and no-one reply me. When I started this thread I needed some feedback from all the experience trader. So I make a repost with the title "almost risk free trade" this capture more attention and I got the answer I needed.

So my QQQQ trade is a high risk low return strategy. PERIOD

#46     Aug 20, 2007
  7. LOL Niice one Kundun

dbag: I have no time for your ignorance or 8th grade options book smarts terminology. The only reason i engaged a pretender such as yourself is because you sand-bagged me on another thread and i wanted to expose you. I can read you anklebiter, even between the lines. FYI During trading hours i'm more of a rip your head off and feed it to you type of guy. So perhaps i will refrain and post back later to someone that knows something.

Edit: I don't have time to read entire threads or i would be you. I read enough to know where it was heading. Anyway, eat shit and die. :D

#47     Aug 20, 2007
  8. It hurts to be shown ignorant doesn't it? :).
    db

#48     Aug 20, 2007
  9. This is a good example of what happens when one doesn't complete high school and thus can't muster anything better than the above. Another thing to be learned from this thread is that if you're too delicate or emotionally fragile (like our friend cluseau and the other girls in her group) then perhaps trading isn't for you.
    db

#49     Aug 20, 2007
  10. Calendarised iron condor LMAO still.

It hurts being retail and trying to sound like a jackass that knows something doesn't it ?

Calendarised iron condor LOL Say that to a floor trader at CBOE and i promise you they will pay the $200 fine and punch you in the mouth.

UNsubscribed from another dbag laden thread. If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck. Don't take everything so seriously, i'm just f*ing with you mate. Grow some skin.

OP, best of luck. Your thread title should be changed to: Can amateurs hand hold my double diagonal position.

Good trading everyone.

#50     Aug 20, 2007