**Almost in Tears** Need Mentor for Futures Market.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Bullz n Bearz, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You're gambling. Don't continue to do so in offering some piker $50 an hour. Anyone accepting your offer is a fraud.

#31     Jun 22, 2007
  2. BnB,

It is simply a combo of mature realistic thinking that creates a profitable strategy and then the discipline to follow through on the correct implementation of this strategy.

You have most likely got your head ahead of your feet in which case you are off balance and you have neither a well reasoned strategy nor discipline.

In a nutshell, you need to go back to square one and start again.

This time, it is different because you now know that the ES has sharp claws.

Welcome to the club and get off your own back and start working and learning.

I make no apologies for my comments, because you need to shake yourself out of the hole and attitude is everything.

Good luck.

#32     Jun 22, 2007
  3. insert

insert

Atticus you are right that piker $50 an hour is a scam

But I want 10 k for teaching him, live through the phone. We are not all as big as you, :D so 10 k for me I would welcome

#33     Jun 22, 2007
  4. At this point, it would probably be prudent to take a moment and make a distinction between mentor and vendor.

#34     Jun 22, 2007
  5. RL8093

RL8093

BnB,
    You've gotten a lot of good advice in the prior posts. Take some time away from trading, build up your account and study - books, charts, etc....

As soon as I saw "this whole trading thing.. ", I knew just how new you were. There isn't any one thing, there are hundred or thousands of lessons to learn from the market. Some you can learn from books, some from reading ET, some from studying price action, some from paper trading, some from trading real $$$, some from trading real $$$ w/ size, some from losing $$$ & some from looking inside yourself and really seeing what you're made of and how much you want it.

In your current mindset, you're not in a position to learn or absorb anything - from a mentor or anyone else. A good trader is always observing, learning, listening to what the market is telling him/her and adjusting their trading accordingly....

R

#35     Jun 22, 2007
  6. Allow me to quite succinctly point out your problem.

Steve said,

You decided he said something else,

Did Steve advise you to papertrade? No! he did not.

If a trader cannot follow the most basic set of instructions, how can that same person ever expect to find their way to profitability.

You've been given the same advice before. Each time, you've ignored it. Shocking you haven't yet found success.

- Spydertrader

#36     Jun 22, 2007
  7. BnB,

Forget mentors/indicator-based strategies/etc for a minute.

Your biggest problem (or roadblock) is your inability to contain and control your emotions. "Almost in tears"??? Also last time, you started a thread saying trading is one big scam just because you lost some money and got frustrated apparently.

I think you need to get away from trading for a while and just focus on handling your emotions better.

If you can control your emotions better and also exercise sound risk management, you can make $$$ even without any real strategies. That's no joke.

If you cannot control your emotions, even with a sound trading strategy, you WILL continue to lose money. Why? Because you will lack the discipline to consistently execute your system.

Start some meditation. Do daily breathing exercises, yoga, etc.

Seriously man. Trading is not that hard once you learn to keep your emotions under control. Unfortunately, that's the hard part for most people....

#37     Jun 22, 2007
  8. insert

insert

I ain't no Fu@king vendor, I am a trader that wants 10 k for MY TEARS

YES I HAD TEARS TOO if someone wants to fuc@ing learn from my tears

PAY ME 10 k

nuff said

#38     Jun 22, 2007
  9. gov

gov

#39     Jun 22, 2007
  10. Joab

Joab

diddo

Now it's up to you how badly do you really want to make it as a trader?

Follow Steve's advise ... and dont say you weren't told.

#40     Jun 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.