Almost got arrested for not carrying identification!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DrEvil, Jan 6, 2009.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Wake up, folks.

Things are a lot worse than arrest for no id.

#11     Jan 8, 2009
  2. TGregg

TGregg

LMAO! What a `tard. Still no links on people getting busted for no ID, huh? Seeing as how you posted all that without anything about the original topic, I'm guessing you couldn't find anything. Despite your call for me to go Google it, you can't.

You're hilarious.

Dude, just admit you were wrong. People do not get arrested because they don't have their papers in order in the US. If they did, they'd retire on the lawsuit.

Everybody jumped on you because it's obvious you're wrong, and I do mean obvious. You can Google and Yahoo all day, but you will not find endless true tales of people behind bars for no identification - not unless there are additional facts to the case.

I'm sure it stings to say something stupid and get called on it. You just gotta admit it and move on. You'll feel a lot better.

#12     Jan 8, 2009
  3. This makes sense, as it would constitute a traffic violation. However, I've never heard about any pedestrian being stopped and arrested for not having an ID in the USA. It just doesn't happen.

#13     Jan 9, 2009
  4. You can be detained at the officer's whim. This has been happening for a while now, even when I was a teenager it has happened to some of my friends. Talking bout 1990s.

#14     Jan 9, 2009
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

That and the banning of firearms.

#15     Jan 9, 2009
  6. #16     Jan 9, 2009
  7. Yes, you look white from the picture. It was just a guess from me about why you were asked for ID.

#17     Jan 9, 2009
  8. You told the cop he did not have permissions to search you, that is why he was aggressive. I am not saying it is right, but that is why in my opinion the cop was looking to make you into a crimimal and break your spirit. You show dominance, he trys to dominate you. Just for power.

#18     Jan 9, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Agreed, it's been my experience that when dealing with cops, IRS, Customs the FAA or any similar entities.
    It's generally in your best interest to be somewhat submissive and go out of your way to cooperate. Play their game.

Now if you want to take a "stand" against tyranny that's your prerogative. You MAY be better off doing it later in court.
    But most times you ARE going to lose.

It's sad but true.

#19     Jan 10, 2009

10. Yes, because being submissive is not always weak, but a way to survive a situation until you can go away from it.

#20     Jan 10, 2009