Almost all indicators show GOP falling into minority status...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jun 13, 2009.

1. no matter what people might suggest, don't let them ever convince you that you are gifted with insight

#11     Jun 13, 2009
  2. No matter what people might suggest,The Republican party will not make a comeback

#12     Jun 14, 2009
  3. check out this article that refutes your statement:

"Gallup has some fascinating data out, based on more than 120,000 interviews they've completed over the past four months, on the way that partisan identification breaks down by age:"
    Democrats, somewhat unsurprisingly, have the largest partisan ID advantage among Gen Y'ers, followed by among Baby Boomers. Republicans do relatively well (although are still at a net disadvantage) among Generation X'ers.

What's interesting, though, is what happens when we look at not these abstract generational categories, but rather at the following question: who was President when you turned 18? As annotated in the chart below, the popularity -- or lack thereof -- of the President when the voter turned 18 would seem to have a lot of explanatory power for how their politics turned out later on:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/05/bush-may-haunt-republicans-for.html

#13     Jun 14, 2009
  4. If nothing else, Reaganism is dead forever.

P.S I like how that article refers to Clinton as average to slightly above average president. I remember Clinton presidency VERY fondly. Gas was dirt cheap and economy was excellent. You could go into a super market with $100 in 1998 and buy a boat load of food, now it won't buy much. W's presidency was all about "chasing eviloders" and other crap. A profound waste of 8 years of my life.

Whether people like it or not, Clinton was the last successful president. It was unfortunate that a bunch of degenerates obsessed with the fact that he had oral sex in the oval office tainted his presidency.

#14     Jun 14, 2009