Alltime high on Nasdaq

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nostradamus357, Jan 21, 2011.

1. If it ever goes public I am guessing it will be one of the most famous short side trades in history. The better question is how much pain will you have to inflict in the process? With the benefit of hindsight in the future I hope this doesn't sound foolish.

Social media garbage has a shelf life. There will be something else in the near future that will pacify the majority.

#11     Jan 22, 2011
  2. Mercor

Mercor

In the future there won't be any "old friends" or "old schoolmates"

We will all be in each others face, real time, forever.

#12     Jan 22, 2011
  3. So what do you all think the ticker will be? FB BOOK FACE FBK ? I'm going with FACE.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the cliques/segregated groups in highschool to some degree are still the same on FB?

#13     Jan 22, 2011

4. LOL really?

they're still givin ya a hard time?

#14     Jan 22, 2011
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Let me try to understand you. Big cap technology posts massive earnings this week and growing outlook moving forward. Your interpretation of this is "tech will crash". What part of earnings driving equity prices do you not understand ?

Some of these firms are posting such massive numbers that just the short term cash inflow itself has a substantial effect on shareholder equity.

My only conclusion can be one of three things :

1. You are crazy.
    2. You are ignorant in business/economics.
    3. You are deliberately posting crap as an ongoing
    joke on this board.

#15     Jan 22, 2011
  6. drcha

drcha

I knew the civilized world would go to hell when residential garage door openers were invented (any of you old enough to remember that?) Within a year or two, we never saw our neighbors.

Then I knew the civilized world was REALLY going to hell when VCRs and video stores appeared, and and no one had to go the movies to see a movie any more.

Then there is voting by mail. You cannot even see who else lives in your neighborhood. I could go on and on.

Yes, it is very convenient. But there is no need for anyone to ever talk to anyone, or ever leave their house. You can have anything or any service you want at your doorstep. It's nuts.

#16     Jan 22, 2011
  7. Anyway, The Nasdaq didn't dcb. If we break above the sticking point we're close to and don't fall back to below 2000, I say we're going up, and I'm thinking hc Ben is gonna be helping with the breakout.

#17     Jan 22, 2011
  8. Kendall

Kendall

This thread makes me feel better about my recent shorts! $150 on QQQQ's in 10 years? You do realize it's been 10 years and taken ages just to get to $57.50? $1000 on AAPL too right?

take care.

#18     Jan 23, 2011

9. [​IMG]

I really do think you are going to be proven very wrong over the coming years. Of course you will (hopefully) be long stopped out before this happens.

We are going way up. IMO we could come back and retest these levels at some point, but I doubt you are going to get an opportunity to get long at levels significantly lower than what we are currently at.

#19     Jan 24, 2011
  10. I guess you can fight the fed as it is a free country...

#20     Jan 24, 2011