Allston Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Pundigga, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Pundigga

Pundigga

I have a second round interview with Allston trading. The first round went well and the guys seemed genuinely nice.

Can someone give any insight into the second round interview and what questions I will be asked?

Thanks in advance.

2. spxtrader

spxtrader

Hi there,

I was curious about your experience with Allston. What would you be trading and what would the compensation arrangement be? How did you get the first interview...thorugh contacts or did you approach the firm on your own.

Thanks for any info and good luck on your second interview.

3. Pundigga

Pundigga

I just applied online for a job listing they had. The first interview went well. The guys were nice and seemed to know what they were doing.

They didn't go into specifics but the comp is salary and quarterly bonuses. Seems pretty nice. My next interview is on Wednesday and wanted to see if anyone had any insights into it.

4. spxtrader

spxtrader

Thanks for the info and good luck on your interview!!! Let me know how things go if that's ok.

5. Hodgy

Hodgy

How did the second round of interviews with Allston go for you? I have an initial interview with them coming up soon. Any insight into the interview process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6. Pundigga

Pundigga

I got the job at Allston.

The first round is five or six interviews and an aptitude test for logic and math skills.
    The second round is another five or six interviews including one with the president. Some people might ask you other logic questions to test how you handle pressure.

Hope that helps

7. Hodgy

Hodgy

Congrats on landing the job. Wish you the best at Allston.

Thanks for the info. My interview is a week from today.

8. spxtrader

spxtrader

Great news on landing the job and best of luck. Any idea what you'll be trading and what type of traders they are looking to hire (experience level)?

Thanks.

9. Pundigga

Pundigga

I'll be on the FX desk. I don't know about their hiring policies but it wouldn't hurt to try.

10. Hodgy

Hodgy

Any insight into the initial assessment test for Allston Trading? I have it on Monday and just wondered if it's completely quant/probability based. I assume it is but just wanted to know any details about it beforehand if at all possible. Thanks

#10     Sep 9, 2006