Allocating disk space between C: and D:

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drdr, Jul 24, 2001.

  1. drdr


    Can someone tell me if I can change the allocation of the size of my hard drive between C: and D: .

    Currently the size of the C: drive is 2 GB and the D: drive is 10 GB and I would like to change it to 6 GB in C: and 6 GB in D: .

    Thank you !!!!!

  2. Fohat



    Yes you can.

    To do that, you can use a programm for Resizing harddisk partitions (In your case you have two hard drive partitions C: and D:). I have successfully used Partition Magic to resize disk partitions. It was pretty easy, I had to select a partition and click on the Resize menu to select the new size (increase up to the available free hard drive space).

    There are many free programs that also can resize partitions, but I haven't used them. If you use Linux, many of the latest distributions contain a free partition manager, if you use windows, you can try the free Ranish Partition manager at

    Don't forget to back up your data before resizing. (Just in case)

  3. mjt


  4. drdr


    Thank you all for your help !!!!!!