alliance--- real or a front?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Debbiekyota, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Maybe you walk through the big red 'doorways' which leads you into the 'alley' with buildings on either side with doorways that lead into the actual building?

#11     Aug 11, 2010

2. Huh? I guess that is possible, but wouldnt it make sense to place your sign directly on the building(s) instead of over the alley.

So you are saying that alliance is actually those buildings on each side of the big red doorway? If true, this makes me more comfortable in sending in money. thank you

#12     Aug 11, 2010
  3. That's what it looks like to me. Likely the building on the right hand side as you walk through the red entrance.
    Only a guess.

I think they are genuine.
    Only complaints that I heard of when i was looking into them a few years ago was their commissions and their various misc. fees.

The PDT rule really does suck :(

I always thought it would have been abolished by now but I was wrong.

Still wise to do more research and try and get some more recent reviews before you send money.

#13     Aug 11, 2010
  4. thanks!

the higher rates are price one pays not to have to have 25k in your account at all times.

i will happily pay higher rates to day trade stocks with less capital upfront.

thank you again!!

#14     Aug 11, 2010
  5. You're welcome.
    If you go for it, update the thread for a little review, or PM me as I may be interested at some point.

Like you say, its unfortunate, but the large commissions and fees is just the cost of being able to daytrade stocks without having 25k in the account.

#15     Aug 11, 2010
  6. Good idea.

I may test them out with 2k to see how it goes. I wish they had ACH transfers also--- 30.00 for a mailed check is steep!

#16     Aug 11, 2010
  7. pspr

pspr

That's funny. Just build a cardboard store front in your garage, lean it up against a building and presto. You are a big business.

Seriously, go to Google Earth Street View and take another look at their address.

P.S. I've been to Jamaica. Beautiful beaches and resorts. Awful locals who harrass you to spend money and worse.

#17     Aug 11, 2010
  8. Thank you. I don't have google earth. Can you post what you see? I guess my first impression of that being a cardboard or plywood sign in an alley is correct.

Yes I heard terrible things about that place. My blonde friend went there and Rastas kept trying to rub her down with coconut oil and lotion--then they wanted paid for the service Really really bad

#18     Aug 11, 2010
  9. pspr

pspr

Just download Google Earth from Google. It's free. I don't have it on this computer.

Yes, Jamaicans harass tourists. I had to pay one guy just to leave me alone. Everywhere you go they want something from you. It's near constant harrassment. In the major resorts they keep the local pests out.

#19     Aug 11, 2010
  10. On second thought. I may just stick withy gft mini account. Atleast those sharks are in USA.

#20     Aug 11, 2010