AllenZ's Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by AllenZ, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Bhodie

Bhodie

Just log into Allen's Index room at Reality Trader as a guest - it doesn't cost anything for a week's trial. Never go back again if you don't like it, ebr won't care.

Ask for ebr and tell him that Karl says hi.

He'll go over the Nap and Gap for free with anyone who's interested but I think he's charging $19.95 for his trend determination tool. I don't know how well the Nap and Gap will work without proper trend determination - the Nap and Gap is a really effective method for establishing targets, I'm 100% profitable while using it.

ebr's also developing some other tools and indicators for his overall system, including the "Delayed Gap".

That's another thing I like about Allen's room, even though Allen has his own system he respects the logic in contrary systems like ebr's Delayed Gap. We had a good discussion about it one morning.

#201     Oct 30, 2002
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Hey Guys,

Let's please keep the posts on topic. As you've noticed the name of the thread is AllenZ's Journal, not AllenZ's chatroom, so let's refrain from discussing other people's 19.95 so-called "systems", all peripheral topics, etc. And, as always, please maintain civility in language and commentary. Thanks.

Bhodie -- if you would like to continue promoting Allen's chatroom I ask that you start another thread.

#202     Oct 30, 2002
  3. DAMN - I was enjoying this thread a lot, when it was Allen Posting HIS journal and the rest of us were basically just reading it.

At one point in time it was so quiet that Allen didn't think anyone was reading it :)

THEN.................the KINGBABY EGOS COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK !!!! and no fun, no more.

KINGBABIES man, what a deal !!!

#203     Oct 30, 2002
  4. Fluid

Fluid

Allen I promise that if you continue with your thread here that I will no longer post on your thread...Lets let time-price-action speak for themselves, the rest is really superfluous anyway right?

Time and truth :p

#204     Oct 30, 2002
  5. Pabst

Pabst

I haven't piped in here. With apologies to Magna, if I could make one point. When a poster is a vender, be it Bright, Nasser, even Def who represents nobly a firm that has revolutionized retail trading and brought it affordably to the masses, that poster is due extra scrutiny. Allen is not benevolent. He's a guy who is here drumming up subscribers to the tune of 3k a year. Not chump change. And his customer base is not what I would call sophisticated per se'. Therefore when someone like Fluid poses what I feel were quite legitimate questions, the members of ET should expect some compliance. The notion of position sizing is the central component in controlling a traders longevity.
    If in fact Allen trades 1 NQ for each 5k I believe that's somewhat prudent.(Around 4x leverage) However if a hypothetical 10k account were to net 150% after commissions, that 15k profit would pay approximately 20% to Allen for advisory. I suspect many chatroom custumers are small traders and they are paying 3k in advisory fees a year on trading gains of several thousand a year. That's a steep fare. I would suggest that maybe Allen think about becoming a CPO, or document his trades in a more formal fashion as other posters have in the past on ET. I like anyone with the balls to post a journal, but in a business with a lot of snake oil salseman, let's make it appear that everything is in reality what it seems, and not take any of the young more trusting guys out for a ride.

#205     Oct 31, 2002
  6. Bhodie, can you please do everyone a favor and stop posting your asinine blather here please..
    shills like you naturally strike a chord with the uninformed masses, but i think the members here critiquing certain aspects of allen's trading are sophisticated enough to know what time it is without you chiming in..

i'm with pabst when it comes to holding confessed vendors to a higher standard of scrutiny (donny bright, for example)... afterall, if allen had solely wanted to post a journal to get feedback on his style, performance, etc, he could've easily posted it under an alias and thus avoided the routine skepticism that ensues whenever a vendor posts...
    sure, the tone of some fluid's posts could do with a healthy dose of congeniality, but the questions raised themselves are, i think, sincere enough to warrant further discussion..

now, for my opinion.. i like to have a read of these journals.. allen trades on a longer timeframe than myself and his trade rationale often gives me a different perspective on the day's action, so i'd like to see him keep posting..

#206     Oct 31, 2002
  7. Allen -

I trade the es on a 2-minute bar which is considerably shorter than you. I was interested in your longer-term style and enjoyed reading.

Please continue posting and just ignore the background noise from the usual suspects.

#207     Oct 31, 2002
  8. JayK

JayK

The idea is how to be able to post decent journals for comment and discussion without the initiators being attacked.

#208     Oct 31, 2002
  9. JWS11

JWS11

Good idea JayK,

Here are some initial suggestions:

1. No personal attacks should be tolerated - and if they occur, others should step in and add some positivity to the thread. One can disagree (or even attack) the record and the methodology, even the presentation of the results, but not the person who posts.

2. I do think that we want everyone to participate, whatever their job is. However, to address some reservations expressed here, it is reasonable to expect that if someone posts a journal, they should state up front whether they are selling a (related) trading product or service. Some readers will shrug this off - others will let it color their perceptions or read another thread - we are all different.

3. Perhaps the key issue is that if someone posts a journal, they should be willing to say how they got those results, in detail. Like in scientific research, if your results are not replicable, no one pays any attention to them. Others may want to test the method, even emulate it. At least, this can be a basic sanity check - we don't want to spend time reviewing imaginary information.

What do you think?

(BTW, I do think that Allen has met all of these criteria in this thread :) )

#209     Oct 31, 2002
  10. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

All good suggestions.

My comment is that the reader really should assume that an individual posting a journal is ultimately selling something unless proven otherwise. That said I am sure that there are people who post journals without a financial motivation.

I know a lot of traders that stop by this board - as well as other discussion areas on the net - but I dont know any professional traders that have the time to post their trade records on a public board: In fact, I cant imagine why you would want to do this - other than to promote a service.

... I enjoy reading these journals: I just use common sense when reading them .....

#210     Oct 31, 2002