Allen throws in the towel

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by CaptainObvious, Nov 9, 2006.

1. ALEXANDRIA, Va. - U.S. Sen. George Allen (news, bio, voting record) will concede defeat Thursday in his re-election bid, a close adviser told The Associated Press, sealing the Democrats' takeover of the Senate and concluding a dramatic fall for a man once considered a presidential contender.

The guy really torpedoed himself with one stupid remark, followed by a really lame excuse for making it.
  2. I'm kind of glad that he spared all of us a few weeks of pundit punches all around. Shows some class.

3. Yep. Amazing how one side is showing an admirable amount of class and sportmanship in this whole affair and the other is behaving like spoiled children... I won't say which is which. I guess Churchill was right though.

4. class my ass. Macacca Allen figured out he had lost. If the bigot thought he had a chance in hell, rove and crew would have been down there with all their high priced lawyers.

Virginia has a bipartisan election board and winners have never lost on recounts. I guess Virginia is not as returded as Flori-duh.