Allen throws in the towel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Nov 9, 2006.

1. ALEXANDRIA, Va. - U.S. Sen. George Allen (news, bio, voting record) will concede defeat Thursday in his re-election bid, a close adviser told The Associated Press, sealing the Democrats' takeover of the Senate and concluding a dramatic fall for a man once considered a presidential contender.

The guy really torpedoed himself with one stupid remark, followed by a really lame excuse for making it.

2. I'm kind of glad that he spared all of us a few weeks of pundit punches all around. Shows some class.

c

3. Yep. Amazing how one side is showing an admirable amount of class and sportmanship in this whole affair and the other is behaving like spoiled children... I won't say which is which. I guess Churchill was right though.

4. class my ass. Macacca Allen figured out he had lost. If the bigot thought he had a chance in hell, rove and crew would have been down there with all their high priced lawyers.

Virginia has a bipartisan election board and winners have never lost on recounts. I guess Virginia is not as returded as Flori-duh.