Alleged Qaeda Letter Threatens U.S. Over Yassin Death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trend Fader, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just to prove a point. There was news out that a Russian nuke sub was going to explode.. which was absurd.. and all the international markets tanked liked a rock.. take a look at the DAX when that news came out. On a typical day months ago market wouldnt even blink at such stupid news. Neither would it blink at any Israel/Palestinian news.

Point is.. investors are getting scared and are preparing for the worst. The shift right now is away from fundementals and into terror headlines. If you think thats not relevant to trading then u must be kidding.

--MIKE

#51     Mar 23, 2004
  2. and I believe that we are in for more (to the downside, stockmarket wise).

This was not the last incident this year. Just look at the Mid-East conflict. Can we even call anything remote to talks even peace talks now? We are farther from resolving this conflict than ever, thanks to some ultra-right wing political decisions in Israel as well as Palestine. No give-no take. Then U.S. presidential elections. Regardless of security measures, everyone just needs to count to ten that certain cells will do everything in their power to make a point prior to or on election day in Nov.

Europe is in the same position. France has got its share of threats to deal with. Italy might be in as well....................

IMHO, we are in for some volatile moves the next couple months. However, I wouldn't want to park my money long term at the moment in the U.S. stock market. I just do not believe I will be standing around on Dec 31st and regret I did not get in earlier.

P.S. I fully agree, let's not move this discussion to the zero intelligence level (the one some people already touched in here before). Let's stay with what might move the markets instead of bashing some innocents with the threat of nuclear weapons ;-) Gee!!!

#52     Mar 23, 2004
  3. I wonder if Israel will strike Rantissi. He seems to be the #1 goto guy right now.

Would be very interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.

--MIKE

#53     Mar 23, 2004
  4. How do you know the worst hasn't already happened? These terror fears have limited persistence unless we get some kind of sequence of events. The Madrid bombing was 12 days ago, and now the market is at a decent short-term discount at some critical moving averages. I would not discount a 2-day rally here to take out some fresh shorts. You may want to consider fading the trend here.

#54     Mar 23, 2004
  5. This is from Yahoo and is about Hamas:

"Hamas leaders said that while the killing of Yassin was a blow to morale, it would not hamper the group's operations, including its ability to carry out attacks. Hamas is pledged to Israel's destruction."

From that point of view, Israel has only one real choice if they plan to remain in existance. Eliminate any and all fundemental terror organizations and their followers.

Personally, if a fanatical person or group like Hamas threatened me or my family like that. I would not hesitate to get rid of them first.

#55     Mar 23, 2004
  6. reg

reg

You just pm'd me and called me a "fucking disrespectful bastard". How should other people judge you then? You hypocrite.

#56     Mar 23, 2004
  7. Just read a report about the President of Germany canceling a trip to Africa because of an attempted assasination plot.. might have to do with the selloff in the stock market.

#57     Mar 23, 2004
  8. "They are big big big on threats and have an almost perfect record of zero follow through. Stuff like: "My wrath shall descend upon you and I will torture your children even to the third generation and you shall be covered in misery and excrement, god willing"."

Jets flying into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon on 9/11, and the Spain bombing were not being covered in camel excrement, pal, so you're not exactly right.

gsr

#58     Mar 23, 2004
  9. LMAO!

No, the female martyrs regrow their hymens and are transformed into hot teens again - then they service the male martyrs - at least that is how it would work if I dealt with virgins - hehe - actually, every virgin would become a virgin again after I got done with her.

Heyyyyyyyy...

Sam

#59     Mar 23, 2004
  10. Is there a gay bar this guy can hang out in around here?

Actually, Japboy, I AM special. I'm a trader.

And posting "unsophisticated hate tirades" help me plenty trading.

Sam

#60     Mar 23, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.