All your strategies and methods have been stored at NSA, everything.

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Ucan'tEatBonds, May 13, 2014.

1. Mods I just realized maybe this belongs to Hardware and Security and Backups section

2. You think they need our small time strategies when they can tap the phones of world leaders or eavesdrop on major merger negotiations?

3. Probably right...

4. Bob111

Bob111

---Just because thus far mainstream media had the luxury of not reporting this as a fact of life. --

if you didn't know about it-it doesn't mean that the media is 'not reporting' it
    they talked about that yesterday on brian williams at 6:30pm EST. can't be any more 'mainstream' :)

5. This wont last for long.

It is OK for the little people to be watched until someone who has money and power gets screwed. For example some politician gets access to some competitors trade secrets for a donner. Then we will need to do something about protecting privacy. Until then nobody will care!

I have seen these types of stories/situations play out time and again...

6. I'm no expert in spook psychology, but considering how much fear and impatience most humans trade with, I doubt anyone in the black building would make much of any winning strat they might happen upon. An holy grail algo would be another story, especially if it's just 8 lines of eazylanguage, but in the ecosystem of The Market there is only so much liquidity for takers. :eek:

On the other side of the P/L statement, there are companies like Citadel, and GETCO (what a name).......

7. Dolemite

Dolemite

I think it is deeper than that. I think they are watching me and taking the opposite side of my trades. That is the only thing that can explain my lack of stellar success in the markets. I bet they are watching me type this and they now know that I know that they know what I am trading.

In all seriousness, think about the amount of data they are storing. Even with the best analytics there is no way they can actively use this data. I think they are storing everything so they don't get accused later of "profiling".

8. Bob111

Bob111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAGdwHXfLQ

i gotta cut the piece from 13:07 to 13:11. Where Ib's Peterffly laugh.

this is how i feel,when i placing a trade thru IB. every time i press buy-Mr Pereffly laugh at me on other side of the screen as he does in this vid :)
    he he he..

9. Dolemite

Dolemite

Holy crap, not only the laugh but the 1983 touchscreen!!! I think at that time I thought my "Simon" was the pinnacle of electronic gadgetry.

#10     May 13, 2014