All You Need To Know About The Debt Ceiling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 18, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Ummm... the fact of the matter is that the only specific plan with numbers on it was proposed by Paul Ryan.

Still, NOTHING with numbers forwarded by the President and the Democrats. Hell, the Dems held a supermajority and operated for two years without a budget - period.

Get busy, Dems.

#11     Jul 18, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Yeah, Ryan was laughed out of the room on that one, and even Heritage had to back up their assessment.

#12     Jul 18, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

"All You Need To Know About The Debt Ceiling"

Here's what I know: On August 3, all the elderly, poor people in this country will be getting their $ocial $ecurity check$!

#13     Jul 18, 2011
  4. One more reason why I have not put you on ignore. Ur political analysis is unrivaled here in fightclub. Nice job.

#14     Jul 18, 2011
  5. Eight

Eight

but... all this political stuff creates uncertainty in the markets. Uncertainty generates volatility, volatility is a trader's bread and butter... we should be donating to both parties!

#15     Jul 19, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

One reason I have not put you on ignore. Just when I'm ready to write you off, you say something intelligent.
    :)

#16     Jul 19, 2011
  7. History is doomed to repeat itself. Or so the saying goes.

#17     Jul 19, 2011
  8. Now the markets have gone apeshit over some convoluted plan by the reformed Gang of Six. Can it pass the House? Doubtful.

Anyway bonds have soared, gold plummeted and stocks rallied. For now.

#18     Jul 19, 2011
  9. They paid into the system for years they damned well better get their checks!

#19     Jul 19, 2011
  10. Potential winners:

Our political hacks, their minions, and of course Corporate America.

Definite losers:

Everyone else

Funny how those that caused the shit-storm come out winners, again!

#20     Jul 19, 2011