All this Feels Just Like 911 - Except its Economic Terrorism this time:

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aeliodon, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Well Sam, don't you think post 9-11 conditions created an environment that contributed to the mess we are in today?

#11     Sep 25, 2008
  2. I don't believe it was 9-11 that created the environment. It was the over reaction or misguided reaction that created the environment. I heard that they wanted to go into Iraq way before 9-11, 9-11 just provided a convenient excuse.

The overspending by the Bush administration has done serious harm to the country preventing it from providing any effective help for the economy.

#12     Sep 25, 2008
  3. Paulson didn't want the $700B in installments because he wanted the psychological impact of a massive gov't $ infusion.

Kind of sounds like... Shock and Awe!:eek:

Urgent rush to vote. Mass financial destruction. Shock and awe...

Dang, where was that used before...??

#13     Sep 25, 2008
  4. That's exactly what this is all about.

Its a Shock and Awe campaign of Economic Terror. And that was what the Great Depression was all about - the Federal Reserve put all banks not part of the federal reserve out of business during the Great Depression and consolidated thier grip on the financial system.

And now we see JPM buying BSC essentially for free and WAMU for free. History is repeating itself, not the same exact pattern but definitely the same archetypal pattern.

#14     Sep 25, 2008
  5. gotta admit it's the wrose climate I can ever remember. I guess we need a painful masive leg down and re-build. I have a feeling it will happen soon.

#15     Sep 26, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

The public will be lucky if the Gummint doesn't demand another few $TRILLION.. after having "underestimating the cost of bailout"...

#16     Sep 26, 2008
  7. I’m really happy that i don’t live in “the promised land”. The US was for a long time the most powerful economical nation. The last years it became an economical cemetery. In the financial sector big companies disappear, go broke or are taken over. Those who do not belong in one of these three groups will receive 700 billion dollars taxpayer’s money to survive. Real estate is collapsing and the three big carmakers are virtual broke.
    The only thing that the US still misses is the election of Mc Cain to continue the disastrous policy of Bush. But as the americans elected Bush twice there is no doubt they will elect Mc Cain to finish what Bush started.
    Sometimes it is difficult for someone to realize his own situation and outstanders often see more clearly the evolution of things. That’s what is happening in the US. It’s the boiled frog theory. Soon the Us will wake up and the dream will end as a nightmare.

How many americans can still afford the basic healthcare that is needed?

Researchers at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that as many as 47 million Americans may exhibit a cluster of medical conditions (a “metabolic syndrome” or “Syndrome X”) characterized by insulin resistance and the presence of obesity, excessive abdominal fat, high blood sugar and triglycerides, high blood pressure (hypertension) and high cholesterol69

#17     Sep 26, 2008
  8. I’m really happy that i don’t live in “the promised land”.

--------------------

That's too bad, you'd fit right in. Your post is a fitting summary that you believe what you read the news.:cool:

#18     Sep 26, 2008
  9. vingbel

vingbel

The guy may be overly negative, but you're basically making his point for him.

I see it all around me. Americans don't believe anything they read. They've become so stupid that they continue to believe crap and vote for dummies like themselves. The question is: Are there enough people who read and think to understand what's good for themselves and the country? Or will they go out and vote against the general welfare and for more thugs and dummies to run the country?

#19     Sep 26, 2008
  10. when you try to hide a piece of shit, in a good sandwich, the end result is one big shit sandwich

#20     Sep 26, 2008