All the things that are wrong with Multicharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gmst, Feb 5, 2013.

1. KeLo

KeLo

I am once again thinking about purchasing MC.

Pros:
    1) Portfolio Testing,
    2) 64-bit,
    2) multi-core (TS is getting there gradually)

The main positive for me is that I could use my years worth of TradeStation coding with MC (except the newer OOEL stuff).

Cons:
    1) My main problem is that with scalping the stocks "in-play," I've found MC to easily be the slowest backfill platform of the many I've tried. No one else is even close to it's slowness here. And I've used data from eSignal, TradeStation, as well as IB (which is slower), but MC backfills even much, much slower than TWS.

2) No options capability. For my swing trading account, I trade options which MC also does not do.

Hmm... I was thinking about buying it but I just talked myself out of it due to the backfilling speed.

P.S. If I were just trading the ES and NQ, I would opt for MC however.

#21     Nov 16, 2013
  2. KeLo

KeLo

BTW, If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

#22     Nov 18, 2013
  3. KeLo

KeLo

Update: I'm testing MC again. The backfill speed is fine with eSignal data.

note: MultiCharts64 Version 8.8 Release Candidate (Build 8231)

#23     Nov 27, 2013
  4. ycomp

ycomp

Heiken Ashi has an option to draw borders around the candles (without borders they look ugly)... however this option seems to be permanently grayed out :(

#24     Oct 10, 2014
  5. ycomp

ycomp

subpip values on forex look the same as the rest of the number. This really makes the chart a bit hard to read. Most other platforms have it differentiated somehow.. ' or different color or smaller size or small raised e.g. 1.0000'5 or 1.00005 or 1.0005 is better than 1.0005

#25     Oct 10, 2014