All the things that are wrong with Multicharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gmst, Feb 5, 2013.

1. NoBias,

Thank you for your feedback.

We plan to implement this feature in the future.

Time & Sales should be available in MultiCharts in about 3 months.

hektor,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it for the future implementation.

#11     Feb 28, 2013
  2. This also illustrates a great strength of MultiCharts...fabulous responsiveness from the developers

#12     Feb 28, 2013
  3. Agreed. Also, the OP didn't seem to be much of a programmer. To get all of the power out of a platform like this, you have to be knowledgeable in Easy/Power Language.
    And professional programmers can now build with the dot-net version of the platform.

#13     Feb 28, 2013
  4. I have been using MC for about a year now and must say it's superb for my uses.

Also have been impressed with their support and have had remote connections solving my issues within minutes.

I can't see me using any other trading software in the future unless something majorly goes wrong with MC.

If you're in the market(!) for new trading software, then I recommend it.

[No affiliation with MC]

#14     Nov 5, 2013
  5. gmst

gmst

Thanks for putting in your recommendation. Agreed, indeed MC is a good trading software offering, their customer service is pretty good.

MC Team: Wanted to let you know that I will come back in Feb 2014 and do a 1 year-on-year review of what all you have accomplished from my first post above and what all shortcomings in the software remain.

P.S. I have been very impressed with Amibroker, and I did a thread on it. This is my impression that MC team currently has a much better and impressive marketing strategy than Amibroker, however it will be much much better if MC can match Amibroker in terms of functionality/feature-set as well. That will make MC one of the best trading software in the market.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267969

#15     Nov 5, 2013
  6. Do the remote connections give you some pause?

I use MultiCharts and have for over 7 years but will never let them into my systems where my proprietary algorithms and data reside. That's not being paranoid. I've had more reputable companies try to extract data from my HDs. Rather to be safe than sorry.

#16     Nov 5, 2013
  7. Sergio77

Sergio77

Any way of checking this real-time?

#17     Nov 7, 2013
  8. Hi, can you compare Multicharts with Ninjatrader?

#18     Nov 7, 2013
  9. Why the paranoia? Anytime you use a program to backtest or trade, they can steal something. You might as well never use an off the shelf program.

#19     Nov 8, 2013
  10. gmst

gmst

I suggest you start a new thread to compare MC with NT. That way, both this and the other thread (that you start) will not lose focus, and hopefully we will get a good discussion going.

I will try to contribute on the other thread, however I have never used NT, so my inputs will be sparse at best. Multi-broker version of NT is 1497$ and MC supports multi-brokers and costs 1497$. So, price wise there is little to choose between the two.

#20     Nov 8, 2013