All the talk about either way after the FED, we go down. Isn't that setting up a

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rabmanducky, Aug 7, 2006.

1. but then, it falls because everybody is worried about a slowdown. It's hard for us little guys because we dont control the marginal power of the street. And all of us here are little guys compared to the guys who controls 100's of billions of dollars. And who have influence over billions more. I think tommorow is a total flip. If the market goes up after the FED, everybody will make up a reason why. If the market goes down, everybody will make up a reason why. It's a 50/50 chance.

#11     Aug 8, 2006
  2. You dont need a ppt when there is an excessive amount of money sloshing around the financial system. The financial system is so big and bloated that it leads the real economy.

#12     Aug 8, 2006
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

looked more down than up

• down.png
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
    #13     Aug 8, 2006
  4. You don't need them but every major country has them. Japan has a group, england, france, china, and etc. Frankly I would rather have the markets dictating where interests rates should go, but we have the FED right. I wonder how big hedgefunds like sac feels when they are these kinds of situation. They can't rely on single stocks and they have to play directional market moves. I wonder if they feel helpless and confused on why the market moves the way it moves. We blame the hedgies, the hedgies blame the mutual funds, and the mutual funds blame the ppt.

#14     Aug 8, 2006
  5. crnindia

crnindia

my observation is that whatever overall trends of short term are of majority of world markets, markets go that side irrespective of what the big news or event might be.... i see the trends of world markets on daily basis here....

http://crnindia.com/world.htm

#15     Aug 8, 2006