All Sonic staff quits after wages slashed in half.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cuddles, Mar 16, 2019.

1. JSOP

JSOP

There is no limit on the number of refugees/asylum seekers who will be accepted but there is no obligatory number of refugees/asylum seekers that any countries that signed onto the Refugee Act is required to accept. So I don't know why you choose to play with the words here.

Nobody is doing a patriotism pissing contest here; only you are calling one here. Having a wall there to protect USA's sovereignty is needed. Full stop. If you have served for your country then help protect it now from unauthorized intruders with a wall, a well-built wall. I can't see why you would object to it.

#41     Mar 20, 2019
  2. Sig

Sig

It takes a pretty stunning level of arrogance to think that you have a monopoly on what it means to protect the sovereignty of the U.S. Especially given the demonstrated lack of understanding of fundamental concepts like asylum and refugee request, lack of basic logic about how asylum requestors legally cross the border under current law, and just the throw a cherry on top your utter lack of experience in defending our country's sovereignty and the fact that you're in a conversation with someone who did that for a living for 20+ years. But if I disagree with you, I'm the one who should move to Mexico? Breathtaking really.

I just explained ad nauseum to you why a wall does nothing to protect against asylum requests and provided a solution that costs .1% as much that accomplishes what you ostensibly want to accomplish with this group. Your response has never at any time been to point out how a wall actually does anything to "defend" against a person who walks up to the border and request asylum, it's instead to desperately try to divert attention to how many asylum seekers should be allowed into the country and how anyone who disagrees with you should move to Mexico, ect. While you also know fuck all about all those things, it's really completely irrelevant to the fact that if you think asylum seekers are a problem a billion dollar wall does absolutely nothing to stop them because they're crossing the border legally under current asylum law when they ask for asylum at the border!

I'll ask for the now 10th time to answer this very simple question you just can't seem to get your head around, or more likely just can't answer without incurring some congnitive dissonance with your worldview so you're oh so desperately trying to avoid doing so.
    Fact: Under current U.S. law a person can walk up to a border checkpoint and while remaining outside the U.S. request asylum, at which point the U.S. must evaluate that request which requires admitting the person until at a minimum a credible fear/reasonable fear screening is conducted.
    Question: How does a wall stop these people from coming into the U.S.?
    Just answer the damn question, no transparent attempts to divert to a topic you'd rather discuss like if the U.S. should or shouldn't have the laws it does or should or shouldn't admit these folks or that those who disagree with you don't deserve to live in the country they put their life on the line for. Just the very simple question of what a wall does to stop these folks? Can you answer that question strait up? Your history tells us you can't, and yet you're confused that anyone would object to your reasoning when you're utterly incapable of answering this very simple question with a straight up answer? I'm happy to continue this discussion once you can provide a straight up answer to that question, until then you're simply deluding yourself that hiding your head in the sand somehow makes inconvenient questions and facts stop existing.

#42     Mar 21, 2019
  3. JSOP

JSOP

It's clear you are trolling now. I am going to stop the discussion right here. You need to cool it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    #43     Mar 21, 2019
  4. Sig

Sig

And so the answer is clear, you have absolutely no answer to the very clear and basic question multiple folks here have asked you over and over. Thanks for confirming that.

And please, you don't get to tell me I should move to Mexico if I disagree with you, and then tell me to "cool it" when I point out the utter arrogance implicit in that statement. Look at what you wrote, then look in the mirror if you're concerned about trolling.

No worries though, unlike you I was happy to make sacrifices for folks who don't agree with me specifically so that they have the freedom to disagree. That's what makes America, not walls or perceptions of some kind of precious "sovereignty" as defined by people who have in the words of a great patriot Khizr Khan "sacrificed nothing and no one" and whose only contribution appears to be the accident of their birth on this side of the border.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    #44     Mar 21, 2019
  5. sle

sle

Sure, let's do sophisticated. I have to assume you are not a Native American. This means that you or your (x-grand)parents came to this country and integrated into a well functioning market economy. Now you are trying to prevent others from coming here so they don't compete with you for the same cookies. So xenophobia that you are displaying here in economics is called "rent seeking" and, in capitalist terms, is the lowest possible behavior possible.

#45     Mar 21, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.
  6. tsznecki

tsznecki

This guy @JSOP isn't even American. He is from Vancouver Canada.

#46     Mar 22, 2019
  7. Sig

Sig

Trolling indeed. Crazy how much projection goes on with Trump and his minions.

#47     Mar 22, 2019
  8. Bekim

Bekim

They would have to charge every customer a gratuity for this to work. I imagine most people that go to sonic leave 0 tip.

#48     Mar 23, 2019
  9. Here's a tip... pay your employees.

#49     Mar 25, 2019