All Of These Posts About Palin...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jul 5, 2009.

1. :D Now that is funny.

#11     Jul 6, 2009
  2. You have to love her:

[​IMG]

#12     Jul 6, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's not her.

#13     Jul 6, 2009
  4. Tom B

Tom B

Facts do not matter if you are a Kool-Aid drinker.:)

#14     Jul 6, 2009
  5. Cesko

Cesko

I was curious whether they would have enough sense to keep their mouths shut after my post. Idiots can't help it. Check their posts. So much hate from these "Meisters of compassion". Palin or rednecks, they really can hate with gusto. And all she is "a dumb bimbo".

#15     Jul 6, 2009
  6. Pretty simple. She was/is a bit of a celebrity. By quitting the Governor post, she basically says good bye to 2012 Federal bid of any kind. Her party doesn't seem to care, the Left should be upset because if she did run, she would almost surely lose.

Now, just follow the numbers and the options. Back to when McCain was defeated, the pundits placed her on a tv/radio talks show. Makes a lot more sense now. I mean, what else can she really do now?

c

#16     Jul 6, 2009
  7. There seems to be some confusion among our extremist right wing brothers about the difference between 'threatening' and 'relevant'. Any Obama fan is going to be ecstatic if they run Palin in 2012, since of course she'll get trounced.

Palin is interesting on a socio-political level, just because it's hard for most of us to believe that the Republicans ran her in the first place, and because of the fact that she appeals to people like her cheerleaders on these boards, who posted above. She's relevant politically because her popularity says something ominous about her supporters and therefore about that section of the American polity.

However, I guess this level of analysis is too much to ask from certain members here.

#17     Jul 6, 2009
  8. I agree.

#18     Jul 6, 2009
  9. people are fascinated by train wrecks. its human nature.

#19     Jul 6, 2009
  10. Something just occurred to me. What public figure is the most reviled on these boards? Who is it that one faction is constantly posting about, constantly impugning with the most fantastic charges and defaming to the point of absurdity?

Yep, you got it. Barack Hussein Obama.

The left is watching with bemusement as Palin becomes more and more of a freakshow, and chatting about it as it happens. Meanwhile, the right are hysterically starting thread after thread about how much of a fuck-up Obama is, and attributing to him most of the mistakes made by his intellectually challenged predecessor.

And yet the right comes out with the accusation that the left are obsessed with Palin.

This is called irony.

#20     Jul 6, 2009