all novices:before you start trading read this

Discussion in 'Trading' started by padutrader, May 15, 2019.

1. How is one "clicking of a mouse" more proficient than another?

#21     May 16, 2019
  2. padutrader

padutrader

the written word is no teaching medium...I took 12 years to figure out what Al Brooks wrote in his book.
    The only way is to learn from a trader when he is trading

person to person.
    you have to learn the ABCDE of trading and then sit wit a experienced trader

Seykota said "if you cannot learn the basics and watch a profitable trader at work restrict your trading to the super market"

good advice from a one time great

#22     May 16, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. padutrader

padutrader

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

should i add some smileys

#23     May 16, 2019
  4. padutrader

padutrader

you have to be a pro...in anything ...to make a living

not easy

#24     May 16, 2019
  5. smallfil

smallfil

There is a ton of educational videos on You Tube which people wanting to trade can refer to. Lots of examples too! The reason a lot of the new traders or even experienced traders fail is their ego! They have bad trading habits which they continue to ignore. If you want to be a better trader, wouldn't it be in your best interest to correct all your mistakes and avoid it? Hell, if you just cut the number of mistakes you make, wouldn't your trading results improve immensely? The biggest enemy of any trader is himself! You sabotage yourself by your trading actions in more ways than you realise!

#25     May 16, 2019
  6. Well, yeah. Your claim was that trading required a "skill like golf", but it doesn't. In golf, you have to EXECUTE a variety of shots. That takes practice and talent. In trading, the only execution you need to do is in your mind.. then click the mouse. No physical skill involved.... unless you believe a "pro" physically presses a mouse switch better than a noob.

#26     May 16, 2019
  7. padutrader

padutrader

you are splitting hairs

golf is doable, flying an airplane is doable, eye surgery is doable ...to use your language

#27     May 16, 2019
  8. Now that my friend is some DAMNNNNNNN good advice .

It all goes back to proven education. I rather pay $5000 learning from someone, than $5000 trading on my own trial and error for years and years, round and round.

It take you 12 years but you made it. You think shorter if , person to person learning? I think so.

#28     May 16, 2019
  9. I think you're the one "splitting hairs". Trading requires no physical skill whatsoever besides clicking a mouse. Didn't claim there aren't other skills involved.

#29     May 16, 2019
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

the biggest hindrance with most people starting out trading is pride and ego. i been at it over 30 years and i think i can barely trade well. i developed skills to build mechanical models but all those models must have lose risk parameters to work, which is destructive to trading large. i guess you could say all these years i let models educate me on what works and what doesn't. i would love to mentor someone as i had a great mentor myself, but who wants to be a door mat for someone to wipe their feet on. trading is the hardest job on the planet and one that requires an educational path that has never been well defined. how to start at a and end up at z.

#30     May 16, 2019
    smallfil and trader1974 like this.