All my liberal friends, suggestion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrbill, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Now.This will be my final post if you accept the bet in your next post.

Just to be clear the the person who posts first on ET after this post and your next post loses the bet and doesn't post for 30 days after that .Basically the loser will be admitting defeat to start to get his 30 day posting ban over with

Confirm with your next post and lets see who can stay away from ET the longest :)

#51     Dec 14, 2012
  2. Great idea. I'm on board.

Tsingy, btw, I fucked a delightful young girl from Taiwan recently. What a tight box!

Yang, yang!

#52     Dec 14, 2012
  3. Tell me how my not thinking health care qualifys as a luxury as defined by the dictionary makes you say all that, please tell me.

#53     Dec 14, 2012
  4. hughb

hughb

BSAM, please step back and get clear view of who it is you are attempting to "converse" with. And stop now. They don't think of you as an debate opponent, they think of you as a murdering thief just as they've been told you are. Don't go down this road.

BTW, LA Lakers = Smell A Fakers.

#54     Dec 14, 2012
  5. Mav88

Mav88

Let's get one thing straight first, I am for the greatest 'good' for the greatest number of people.

Consolidation into one government system for 'the betterment of the country'? The leftist ideal on just about everything, it is always the answer. The problem is that it is an illusion and never works well in reality.

VA hospitals are just what you described, they are not very good. Canada is the only single provider system in the west and it isn't because everyone just hasn't gotten there yet, it is because our collective wisdom has shown us that it's not very efficient. It's all back to gov't versus free market, and free market wins almost every time. Look at it this way- All around us we see public employees ruining the finances of state and local governments. We also can see what a huge waste TSA is, and that federal employees pensions and healthcare is very costly and set to explode. You want more of that? what a disaster

The only workable solution is less healthcare, not more. Canada did it, Sweden did it, so it's time for us to put the big boy pants on.

#55     Dec 14, 2012
  6. Mav88

Mav88

It is a scarce commodity.

#56     Dec 14, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're on.

#57     Dec 14, 2012
  8. I've thought the same thing.

#58     Dec 14, 2012
  9. Mav88

Mav88

It is a scarce commodity that costs a lot, I'm not sure what the problem is here. The average cost of a Cholecystectomy (laparoscopic) is around $8K, it is one of the most common surgeries. $8K is luxury as far as most people are concerned.

Nursing home care runs between $100K to $300K a year. That's not a lot to you? I guess not as long as someone else pays.

#59     Dec 14, 2012
  10. The homeless advocates should unionize and buy a group health insurance policy from the chamber of commerce. Then when some homeless guy complains of chest pain with a resulting 40 - 50 k 3 day hospital stay, he'll be covered by insurance.

But will they...no! :D

#60     Dec 14, 2012