All my liberal friends, suggestion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrbill, Dec 13, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Do you believe in the USA medical cartel system that we currently have?
    It's not a trick question.

#31     Dec 13, 2012
  2. Mav88

Mav88

you mean do I think it is a cartel, not do i believe in.

No it isn't a cartel, or we would not have all these damn foreign doctors.

I am not in favor of any sort of quotas , but the fact is that we don't have enough american born people of high enough caliber, because I do favor maintaining quality of education.

#32     Dec 13, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Oh man, where to start?

We'll assume from your post that you are not white, old or angry. Yeah right.

I've never encountered a guy on ET that is more contrary simply for the sake of being contrary. It isn't a matter of being a guy with a complex set of beliefs that span both sidebands of the political spectrum. Its just orneriness and crankiness. I've seen you turn on friends in here within the radius of of a gnats navel. You are fickle as hell and a fence-rider which is why you identify with mrbill/cgroupman. You play both sides off the center. I don't trust you.

I recall most of the republicans in P&R saying that they hoped Romney would win but most seemed to recognize that Obama could win. Who is it that didn't believe there was any way Obama could win? Who?

About those wars, I count 2 and only one of them was questionable. I thought we went pretty easy on Afgahnistan considering they hosted the training camps and leadership for the 9/11 attacks that killed some 3000 innocent civilians. Not soldiers, civilians some of whom had to choose between burning to death or leaping from one of the tallest buildings in the world. I thought the US exercised remarkable restraint.

I'm not going to pay for your medical care. I'm not going to let you pay for my medical care.

#33     Dec 13, 2012
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Okay, we disagree, but that is alright.
    Do you think we can fix the healthcare system in the USA?
    (Trying to see if we have any basis to converse.)

#34     Dec 13, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

As a side note and something a lot of you need to understand:

Unlike most of you here, I am not running for any popularity contest.
    But, trust me, if I was, I would win.
    I can be quite good at that when the need arises.

Carry on my brethren...

#35     Dec 13, 2012
  6. Mav88

Mav88

define fix.

to my satisfaction, absolutely, to liberals satisfaction- no way

I am a grown up you see, so I understand health care is a luxury and is not free. I understand that life is not fair as I define it, so i do not expect the very same health care as say a Warren Buffett. I accept that I am mortal and I will die, that I should not expect others to pay to extend my life way past my natural age of death.

We have too many people who have bought into liberal ideas, which are pretty much the contrary to what I just stated. Can such a system be created in the USA without severe consequences? No it cannot.

#36     Dec 13, 2012
  7. Mav88

Mav88

I care more about honesty and reality than you do

#37     Dec 13, 2012
  8. I bet I can go longer without posting then you can you troll

Lets see who can go the longest without posting,loser doesn't post for a month

#38     Dec 13, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

I don't want to read too much into what, perhaps, I may "think" you are saying.
    This happens to me and others all too often here.
    But, it might appear that you and I have different ideas in the area of healthcare.

If you noticed, earlier, I said that I believe in true national healthcare.

I believe that our system is in chaos in the USA.

Much as I used to be against such ideology, I now believe that we have got to do something that is run by the government.
    I know that sounds "liberal" to a lot, but I can no longer trust the system that we have.

When I think of the costs and the way the system is run, I start to think about our massive government waste.
    Then, I start thinking about how our spending could be controlled such that money could be better spent on healthcare.

I'm actually a real conservative. (Aren't too many of those around today.)
    I don't think that being a true conservative means going along with whatever the rich say is the correct thing to do.
    You have to try to see what the motive of people are.

Let me throw this out and see what you think...
    We do away with the veterans' system, medicare, and medicaid.
    We replace it with, (let's call it) USA Care.

It not knocking our great vets, our old people, or our poor.
    I'm just trying to think in terms of some kind of consolidation for the betterment of the system and the country.

So, bottom line: Cut spending in certain areas, replace the current for-profit system with a government run system because it seems apparent to me that we can't trust those who are now running the system.

Can any of this work for you?

#39     Dec 13, 2012
  10. Didn't think that one through did you AA boy?

Why don't you just go ahead and win, by never posting again.

#40     Dec 13, 2012