ALL MAJOR USA investment banks...INSOLVENT RISK VERY HIGH

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Digs, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Sure just re-weight the index when the largest group starts underperforming. Sort of like all the goverment indexes, just pick and choose what will make things look the best.

Inflation, never heard of it, why? because I follow the goverment indexes.

#41     Nov 6, 2007
  2. LOL! You crack me up, efficiency :)

And Joab, if you think Canada is coming through this unscathed, we'll talk in a little while. NO ONE is coming out of this without a scar. Banks in Germany, Spain, the UK, Canada - they're all holding on to all their CDOs, waiting for the market for CDOs to come back. If it doesn't, they too will be stepping up to the plate. And that dollar weakness will dent the economies of these nations quite well. You know how nervous the BoC is right now about the strength of the Loonie? Do a little news research, my friend.

Canada's future may look better, but it's dimming each day that passes. Unfortunately, much of what you say regarding the US is 100% accurate. However, if you think it's a problem here only, you're in dreamland. This is going to take lots of people and countries along for the painful ride. And when all is said and done, no one will be better off.

No one.

#42     Nov 6, 2007
  3. I like the technology weight in 1999, then look at 2002 cut in half, gee I wonder why?

If they would just leave it alone we would have a better representation of the market.

But then they might not be able to say the SP500 on average gains 7-10% per year historically hahaha

#43     Nov 6, 2007
  4. Digs

Digs

There is always something wrong with an economy when the financials have the largest capitalisation.

Banks dont make anything.

Asset appreciation is there bread and butter. This can be from inflation or wealth, more likely inflation.

Compare the USA inflation asset boom to the Ireland wealth boom.

Ireland was a basket case 20 years ago, the sick child of western europe, then they started to build up there high value manufacturing base, and wealth followed.

Go the Irish !

#44     Nov 6, 2007
  5. Yeah, cuz its an economy built on debt

#45     Nov 6, 2007
  6. Are you on drugs? The weightings are changing due to market cap weight changes from price appreciation/depreciation. When financials tank for an extended period of time relative to other sectors then their importance relative to the index decrease. Right now financials are the bread and butter of the SP500, over time they could well go back to 15% or 10% as other sectors become more important. Sector rotation in its simplest form.

My God what happened to you over the years that you're now the type of guy that wants to see a conspiracy behind everyone and everything? Go watch this movie http://imdb.com/title/tt0118883/ ... Good ole' Hollywood entertainment. And after watching: Chill the hell out, clear your head, and get back to making money in the markets instead of trolling around like how everything is rigged and we're all doomed. Won't get you anywhere.

#46     Nov 6, 2007
  7. Agree. It's nonsense.

You cannot talk about bankruptcy risk...
    Without looking at bond price levels of these financial institutions.

C, BAC, MER, JPM, MS... all trading to yield in 7-8% range...
    Which means ZERO chance of default.

#47     Nov 6, 2007
  8. Cutten

Cutten

I-banks are definitely at risk. I have been one of the biggest GS bulls for a long time, but I am not owning any of it at the moment.

#48     Nov 6, 2007
  9. When I see a response like this from someone living in America- I have only one thing to say-

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE GET THE FUCK OUT

Have you forgot the sacrifices our founding fathers made? the lives lost in war to grant you the freedoms you have today? the fact that this country offers more opportunity for advancement than anywhere else? sure, we may have our problems, but the USA is still the best country in the world!

Go back to Russia you communist asshole! Or better yet, go to France!

#49     Nov 6, 2007
  10. Everything your founding fathers fought for is made obsolete by big capital and weak governments that lead you to illegal wars. There is nothing left but a big crowd of TV-consuming sheep and a few very powerfull bankers.
    Your founding fathers would turn in their graves. EVERY essential law they made has been abolished or counterdicted.
    This is NOT your America, it's somebody else's.

#50     Nov 6, 2007