All License Plates to be Photographed in Arizona

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Nov 23, 2008.

1. wjk

wjk

I am opposed to cameras on many fronts when it comes to traffic and other issues, especially when gov is involved. I went to Tucson, and if you are in the intersection when the light turns red, you'll get a ticket in the mail. On the other hand, red light running here in Florida results in some very bad accidents.

I witnessed one last year as a disgruntled driver ahead of me ran a light that turned red a full second before she arrived at it. She was subsequently hit, and later hauled off in an ambulance. Funny thing, there was a cop sitting at the opposite bound light.

Cameras for deadly red light runners: I'm all for it. A light that turns red while a driver is in the intersection should not be an offense, however.

Cameras for speeders: No. Just a fund raising tool.

Cameras looking for stolen vehicles: No, since such info will no doubt be entered into a data base for other purposes. Put a tracking chip in your car if your worried about it being jacked.

#11     Nov 24, 2008
  2. I just remembered the other day I was taking a right at the nearest intersection where we live that has these cameras setup. I saw a camera flash go off to the left of us and asked my wife why it went off because it looked like everyone had made it through the light okay. She said the last driver must of been speeding as he was beating the red light.

So it appears that if you try to beat the red light and do, you will get nailed anyway because you were most likely speeding to beat it. Crazy.

#12     Nov 24, 2008