All indicators useless?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by indahook, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Indicators are far from useless, they have to be used under the proper conditions, taking the first derivative of an indicator will help greatly with the lag. I also helps to learn the indicators meant to identify trend and those meant to measure chop.

#51     Apr 17, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

What ever floats your boat works.

There is no "holy grail" indicator.

Invent your own system of exits and entries. Read a lot about all the indicators and find which one you can "see" the best and go with it.

Only one thing. The more indicators you use, the more conflicting signals you will get. Try to keep it as simple as possible.

Hope this helps.

#52     Apr 17, 2003
  3. yes, all indicators are BS.

price action is where it's at baby!!

:cool:

#53     Apr 17, 2003

4. Thank you..every little bit helps.

#54     Apr 17, 2003
  5. :D :D :D Happened to me just two days ago, had to seek "relief", when I came back, I was something like 15 NQ points down.:mad:

#55     Apr 17, 2003
  6. this says it all. conflicting sigs for the SAME set of events in time. one says short the other long. hmmmm sounds like a bunch o' crap to me. :D

#56     Apr 17, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Truthfully, it all comes down to price action.

The best insight that I ever got was the realization that all prices are random events. It comes down to getting out early when you are wrong, and letting it ride when you are right.

#57     Apr 17, 2003
  8. cathy you're the INDICATOR QUEEN. now you say nay??!~! huh??~!! didn't you just say yay?

#58     Apr 17, 2003
  9. isn't bobcathy the one that uses the Chimp System, which is highly reliant on MA's and Stoch indicators?

#59     Apr 17, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

That is yesterday's news guys.
    Get with the times.:D

An indicator is only that....an indication of where the price might go.....

#60     Apr 17, 2003