All indicators useless?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by indahook, Apr 16, 2003.

1. weld1

weld1

thanks so much for your reply. at the risk of sounding stupid,i'm not sure what u mean when u say goig with or fading the market. again i've been trading for awhile off and on when i'm not working , but lately have made a real effort to get better.again thanks and i hope u will reply again,i really appreciate it weld1

#91     Apr 18, 2003

2. Going with, I mean trading in the direction of the most recent price action (subjective). Fading the market, I mean trading opposite the most recent trading action ( subjective ).

The subjective part is because in trading markets you must deal with the multiple time frames issue. Continue to research, read , and ask questions and it will eventually make sense.

#92     Apr 18, 2003
  3. Possibly many/ most indicators were originally developed for long-term investment decisions!?

#93     Apr 18, 2003
  4. weld1

weld1

iagain,thanks for the reply. if u know of any articles that pertain to these things please send them to me. u know, i think i am really close to getting at least part of it anyhow.HELP!!! thanks again weld1

#94     Apr 18, 2003
  5. dis

dis

All indicators are indeed useless - except in the context of a trading system.

#95     Apr 18, 2003
  6. And in a meaningful time frame.

#96     Apr 18, 2003
  7. BINGO.

peace

axeman

#97     Apr 18, 2003
  8. Unfortunately, you're all just saying the same thing. (Why do traders always talk in metaphors, cliches and (false) analogies? it is quite annoying :-/)

But the truth is indicators are for those who can't really trade. For those who need a crutch to lean on. But we who do know well we would never use them. :-/

#98     Apr 18, 2003
  9. Don't have [any ]indicators on my time & sales other than time & do not want any more indicators on them.:cool: Time is an indicator .
    Every little bit helps.

Water boils at 200 plus degrees & price above 200 plus period moving average is a sign of chart strength.

''Bears live below 200 day moving average''-Alan Farley.

:cool:

#99     Apr 21, 2003
  10. I was just wondering how you determine just what the so-called herd's position is . From where I sit, there is only a market tendency as it trades at certain price levels. My job is to exploit that tendency until it no longer exists.

#100     Apr 22, 2003