All in on my YM shorts

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by flipflopper, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Even feels good. Last night was the first time I really felt this trade had a good shot. I covered 10 at 13680. Have 25 left.

Will slowly scale out over the next week or so.

#11     Jul 10, 2007
  2. I also think Bubble Ben has to face the music today. His job is to regulate inflation right?!?!

I've been wrong before.

#12     Jul 10, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

High oil and energy prices along with sky rocketing commodity prices should keep inflation in check....

:p :p :p :p :p

#13     Jul 10, 2007
  4. nice work thus far :)

#14     Jul 10, 2007
  5. Thanks. Pure dumb luck. It actually looks worse for him to pump rather then face the music!!

I am just beggining to learn the difference between being bullish and bearish on the economy and bullish and bearish on the markets.

Now I'm bearigh on the economy (have been for a while) and bearish on the market.

A nice to place to be.

#15     Jul 10, 2007
  6. Just looking at the daily on the ES (i know you trade the ym) I see prices moving higher on dec vol over the last week or so, usually a sign that we dont want to go higher. I think if the mkt pauses too long at these inflection pts, it could be gearing up for another run up, however it appears that its not. lets see how we close though.

#16     Jul 10, 2007
  7. I know I'm going to regret this but I just finished covering all my shorts. between 15-30 on average.

I know we are heading much lower but oh well.

#17     Jul 10, 2007
  8. What are you afraid of? Why so fearful?

#18     Jul 11, 2007
  9. Probably over leveraged.:(

#19     Jul 11, 2007
  10. Exactly. I usually trade 3-6 cars per trade. I was going on vacation last week and started averaging into this trade in a major (ly stupid) way.

I'm back to trading today and banked $950 on about 5 trades with 3 contracts. One day when I get the experience and bankroll to sustain a typical draw downs I will be comfortable trading that many cars.

What I was doing was gambling since it would have been hard to recover if the market moved against me. Back to trading only from now on.

#20     Jul 11, 2007