All I want is a 1% return!!! or 0.5%!!!

Discussion in 'Options' started by simon1012, Mar 2, 2007.

1. simon1012

simon1012

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner in option trading. I had been trading for less than 6 months, and I had trade about 4 times.

However, all the trades that I had done are losing. I had a difficult time to increase my balance since I only trade 1 or 2 contracts each time. In addition, since I brought in such a low amount of contract, the commission and the Bid-Ask Spread is a big portion of my cost.

I am very discourage right now, and I am not motivate to trade again.

So, I am here to ask all the professional trader to help me. Would you please teach me one or two trades that could generate me profit? I don't need any BIG profit, all I need is 1%, or even 1 dollor of profit after paying all the commision and Bid-Ask Spread. I just want to get the feeling of winning to get me back motivated, and let me find a starting point of the trading market.

However, I do have one request. Since I am still a beginner, so please don't suggest me to increase my number of contract in my trading. Because I believe I can't handle a big risk yet.

Thank you so so so so so so so so much to you all!!!!!!!!!

2. just21

just21

Try selling rather than buying. What market are trading? Make the offer better than already exists instead of hitting bid.

3. My 0.02....I wouldn't recommend selling options for someone that does not have a full comprehension of options. It is just as complicated and may result in more significant losses.

Take some time off from trading, learn the intracacies of options and once a thorough understanding is obtained, get back in the game.

OP

4. Joab

Joab

Simon,

You are trading for all the wrong reasons.

Trading is not about winning and being right it's about making money and by your opening quote it's pretty obvious that your motivation is in the wrong place.

Here is my advice:

Stop trading with real money IMMEDIATELY
    Get an education books, mentor whatever
    Paper trade, paper trade and paper trade.

5. nikko309

nikko309

TAKE THIS ADVICE SIMON !!!

6. Thinkorswim is an options brokerage that's heavy into training and educating its customers. Its platfrom is pretty sophisticated too.

Other advice: read more than write on these boards

7. Simon, that 1% you speak of...what period of time are you thinking about?

Bob