All I Do is Lose Money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oldtime, Nov 7, 2012.

1. I was just talking about this with another trader. Whenever success requires quitting while you are ahead, you know you are gambling and don't have a solid business plan.

Where would Exxon have quit? Weren't they quite ahead at some point?

I'm all for taking a profit when it becomes unreasonably large. As a matter of fact, that's all I do.

But I get right back in there. It can be a good businesss, if you have realistic expectations, and never allow yourself to become undercapitalized, until it really counts. And are not afraid to borrow money.

#51     Nov 8, 2012
  2. ammo

ammo

overtrading, wait for better setups,they are few compared to iffy,maybe, poor setups

#52     Nov 8, 2012
  3. ah, I'm always in, almost never flat. When I was young I probably lost a month off my life expectency for every $1000 I made. Now I am old and really celebrate when I get flat, and that probably costs me a year off my life expectency for everday I am flat.

#53     Nov 8, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm not surprised.

#54     Nov 8, 2012
  5. Always in = overtrading. How much do you pay in commissions a year? Wouldnt be surprised if all your losses are attributed to comms...

#55     Nov 8, 2012
  6. It's amazing what doesn't surprise you. I have pumkin sitting on my porch, and it seems no matter what I do, I can never get it to be surprised.

#56     Nov 8, 2012
  7. hey man I trade forex, Commissions are one thing, but accrued interest is another. You'd be shocked how much it costs to hold some short AUD/USD over night.

It's crazy out there I tell ya

And they are all out to get you

The good thing is, when you go out to bet on the Superbowl, just tell them you trade with Peterfly, they don't actually comp me a room, but they give me a free beer.

#57     Nov 8, 2012
  8. that's my point crackerjack you stated before you don't need to trade so why punish yourself. this is not a traders market. when the market turns bear it crushes longs and you seem like a long. i am not saying the market can't go up i am just saying i don't see the good future news.

#58     Nov 8, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I meant, judging by your post content I'm not surprised you're a losing trader.
    More of an observation really than an insult.

#59     Nov 8, 2012
  10. yeah, you should have it so bad

#60     Nov 8, 2012