All I Do is Lose Money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oldtime, Nov 7, 2012.

1. back then if they liked you, they didn't make you wear one

But keep in mind, if you do that kind of thing, eventually God will find out and punish you. I wouldn't have minded being punished back then, but now I have more to lose.

#21     Nov 7, 2012
  2. I don't really need to trade for a living anymore. But I enjoy it, and for the last few months have been living off of it. It's really quite satisyfying when all the money deposited into your checking account to pay the monthly bills (plus taxes) comes from trading.

It was a bitch when I had to do it, then the money got deposited whether it was a profit or some of your trading account.

#22     Nov 7, 2012
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Re-tune your emotions and your results will turn around...

#23     Nov 7, 2012
  4. This thread is a paradox.

[​IMG]

Unless you mean you never take a loss personally.

#24     Nov 7, 2012
  5. nah, I think I'll ride it out. My emotions are just fine. Although it's good I don't have super powers, because at times I don't think I would use them judiciously.

#25     Nov 7, 2012
  6. Shucks, you mean you can't waive you hand and solve all the problems in Europe so that the EURUSD goes racing up?

#26     Nov 7, 2012
  7. because that's what I have to do to get you to post. Haven't heard from you in a while. How'd you make out in that storm? Most of us in the midwest didn't know that much about NYC. Now we know where 34th street is.

#27     Nov 7, 2012
  8. no, because that means usd would go down and I don't want to do that to my mothers savings account

#28     Nov 7, 2012
  9. Handle123

Handle123

I been trading over 34 years and my emotions are always pissed off when I have a loss, I really do expect to make money on each signal. I throw things, although now that the broken 55" plasma screen has been taken out of the office along with the 14 (still working)CRT's there is less glass to clean up. I learned that some emotions are good to have. I took out all my desktops/screens and just have two laptops now, can't throw those...

#29     Nov 7, 2012
  10. toc

toc

Two rules that I can think right away, but there are many more

a) do not trade on margin

b) always put stops to any entry

Both of these will insulate a bit against an account blow up. :D

#30     Nov 7, 2012