All I Do is Lose Money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oldtime, Nov 7, 2012.

1. what i learned from this post. good news your wife went down bad news it was not you. its not a good sign if you pick the market like you picked your wife.

#11     Nov 7, 2012
  2. Clearly, posting in itself isn't going to cause you to lose money in a direct way. I'm saying that you are not using your time wisely.

Every trading method has drawdowns, but if what you are experiencing seems like it is more than that, you should spend every possible minute you can fixing it. If it's nothing more than that, as far as you can tell, sure, then just ride it out. But in that case, why create such a melodramatic thread?

#12     Nov 7, 2012
  3. It's all figured in to the whole deal before I ever put it on. It's based on my assessment of how wrong I usually am. You would think that would be the easiest thing for any trader to assess.

I never take a loss

but believe me, there are plenty of them along the way

and most of them are a hell of a lot larger than what I would have tolerated when I was bracket trading

I am just a very small trader who makes modest returns I can't complain about

they will never write a book about me

#13     Nov 7, 2012
  4. Handle123

Handle123

What markets do you usually trade? I always average down on every trade in ES, but it is the only market I do this in cause I have very low losing trade percentages. Occassionally, I will add a little in Crude Oil and the Euro but with very tight stops. Overall, by averaging down cause of low losing percentages I do extremely well, but when I have had 2-3 losses in a row, it takes me 2-6 days of trading to get square again.

I believe all know why they don't make money, if you have a viable method, why do you not?

#14     Nov 7, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

that's where backesting comes handy(for those who can do that)
    i often feel guilty,cause i think i spend waaaay too much time on ET. i got 5K posts in 10 years. that's IMO-too much..OP done that in a year..:)

#15     Nov 7, 2012
  6. Can you answer my question in a non-vague way?

You "never take a loss" "but there are plenty of them along the way"

wat

#16     Nov 7, 2012
  7. Bob111

Bob111

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

All I Do is Lose Money

Quote from oldtime:

just biding my time. I'm pretty confident in what I am doing. I don't mind encouraging others that are going through a hard time. I like to do things, but sometimes the best thing to do is just post on ET. I've never actually lost money posting on this site.

#17     Nov 7, 2012
  8. I didn't say I don't make money, I just said at the moment God is mad at me and wants to destroy every good thing I try to do. I think it has something to with a totally unrelated incident at a whorehouse in Winnimucca NV. Nothing bad happened, and it was a very classy place, but I probably shouldn't have stopped off there.

#18     Nov 7, 2012
  9. Whorehouse :eek: YIKES! Hope you used an industrial strength rubber

#19     Nov 7, 2012
  10. If you look at my account statement at the end of the month, it will look just like any normal trader's account statement, there will be some profits and some losses, but no, I personally never take a loss. There is no point in my strategy where I close something out just because it has moved severely against me.

and some of them move quite severely against me

It all started when I realized I was getting stopped out at exactly the time I should be entering. Take it from there, and apply it to your own trading. I've had one losing month in the last year, and that was when I totally screwed up on qe infinity.and then it was every man for himself. I didn't panic, but it was a very painful orderly retreat.

For crying out loud, I don't know why everybody is taking this so seriously. All I was bitching about is I am going through one of those times when everything I do is wrong. It happens and I'll be glad when it is finally over.

#20     Nov 7, 2012