Alienware PC's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AC3, Jan 9, 2005.

1. bronks

bronks

:D

#31     Jan 9, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

Bronks,

If you were not so far away. I would send you an old machine. I just pulled out one that is due to be tossed and plugged it in. It is about as noisy and irritating as a small child squalling!! It is an old pentium 166 I believe.

I am still laughing! I plugged the damn thing in downstairs and a couple minutes later my girlfriend came to the steps and yelled "WTF is that". This surprised even me. Seeing as this house is pretty big and she is the other end of it. And normally she can't hear a damn thing (esp. when I am trying to say something).

#32     Jan 9, 2005
  3. bronks

bronks

TGM,

EBAY it!

#33     Jan 9, 2005
  4. Bob111

Bob111

i'm not an expert in computers, but i did build few for me and my friends. noise created by fans. fans that keep cpu cool,fans on video cards(if there is any) and fans on power supply.
    noise level can depend on cpu load. that why same computers can make different noise levels. so -if on one computer you run 1 little programm and on same brand,etc computer you run something that push cpu usage to 100%-this cpu gets hot and most of fans do have regulated speed,that depends on cpu temperature.

tons of different kind of fans can be found here-
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?Submit=list&catalog=62&DEPA=0&page=2&listStyle=2

and they can make huge difference. same goes to power supply and cpu's. same cpu from different manufacturer can have different operating temperatures and same fan on different cpu will operate on different rpm's and so on. long story :D :D :D
    if you erally sick about noise-go liquid))))))) water cooled computers)))))))))

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-111&depa=0

#34     Jan 9, 2005
  5. not all traders in new york are successful traders.

I don't think moving to NY would be the answer. When I was in the military they had this saying, "There are two best assignments in the military. The base that you are going to, and the base you just came from." Who knows, you could end up missing hearing the waves outside your window :D That would be much more tranquil than to hear loud New Yorkers and their strange accents :D No wait... that's Boston. Nevermind :p

#35     Jan 9, 2005
  6. #36     Jan 9, 2005
  7. bronks

bronks

No Andy, I didn't mean it that way. I was using New York minute as an expression, not so much literally.:)

It could be anywhere.

#37     Jan 9, 2005
  8. taodr

taodr

9. Oh i see... I had the impression you would rather look at men in 3 piece suits rather than girls in 2 piece bikinis. Phew, I was a bit worried for a sec :p

#39     Jan 9, 2005
  10. TGM

TGM

#40     Jan 9, 2005