AlgoTrader or something else?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Apux, May 26, 2021.

1. Apux

Apux

I am trying to set-up a solution to trade an automated strategy I came up with.

Curious what direction to go?

2. El Trado

El Trado

3. We maintain high performance reliable servers in Chicago for running critical application 24/7. If you get to the point in your progress where you need a VPS, let me know and I can help you out with a test server.

4. @Apux I think you should go for it. While running your automated strategy, VPS can be your saviour. The robot will keep running 24/7 and execute trades whenever the conditions are met. And you know, how important it is in trading to avoid slippage that a VPS can help with.

5. That’s absolutely right! Running an automated strategy with VPS gets much easier because you won’t have to worry about any power cuts or internet issues. I have bought turnkeyforex’s VPS package and I get plenty of RAM, disk space, and customer support. I have used XM’s VPS in the beginning but when I switched my broker, I switched VPS also, though I faced no issues with the previous one. Point is, just go for one that gives you good storage space.

6. dholliday

dholliday

I don't know how much experience you have but your question infers "not much" and the choice of AlgoTrader, I just looked at it, "lots" if you are considering an expensive solution.
    Anyway, if less expensive is good for you:
    TradeStation monthly fee
    MultiCharts (runs TradeStation Easy Language, I don't know how well) Lifetime license < $2,000 with sales a few times a year.
    NinjaTrader (free to use and test) pay when you want to use it to trade.
    If you are just testing but don't need auto trading, AmiBroker (low cost)
    The reason I like these solutions is the huge amount of example code available. Even Stocks and Commodities mag example code.

Apux likes this.
  7. You should first refer to some of the automated strategy solutions before actually coming up with one. Better refer to some of the examples.