Algorithmic Trading - Japanese stocks

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Japan_trader, Apr 6, 2021.

1. 7 April recap

It's nice to have a winning first day after starting a thread!

I run bit of a 'scalping' strategy and don't generally hold positions overnight, unless I have a good reason to. As mentioned earlier, due to the high commissions I am quite selective on my trades. I enter around 15-20 positions average/day and exit before close around 95% of the time. Today's number was 18.

I imagine a lot of 'day-trading' strategies have somewhat similar 'turnover', what are some typical stats people look at for these strategies? I look at stuff like (std/trade, pnl/trade, %winning trades, std/day, pnl/day). What are considered 'good' numbers?

#21     Apr 7, 2021
    jtrader33 likes this.
  2. Interesting mini-crash straight after open this morning..... This has been the theme recently it seems :D

#22     Apr 7, 2021
  3. 8 April recap

Again 18 trades today. My target is 5-10bps/trade after cost. Will do more analysis once my sample gets big enough

#23     Apr 8, 2021
    jtrader33 and d08 like this.
  4. No, I don’t usually. But this seems pretty fascinating to me so i might end up looking it up some time soon. Thank you for the idea though.

#24     May 3, 2021
  5. I like to invest in Japanese stocks. They can get you some great results. You just need to make sure that you understand how they have been performing lately.

#25     May 5, 2021