Algorithmic Trading a large folio with small orders

Discussion in 'Journals' started by fullautotrading, May 3, 2012.

1. Stock

Stock

It's Ctrl-Alt-= (control alt equals) on my machine. I'm pressing the equals on the main keyboard too, I don't know about the keypad because my keyboard doesn't have one.

#21     May 9, 2012
  2. Thanks a lot Stock!

If I press crt alt and the key which has 0/= on it,
    here i get a "History Query" window.

(But i guess this is not what we are talking about)

#22     May 9, 2012
  3. Stock

Stock

If you have a "0/=" key then that is unlike any keyboard I have seen. :) Most US PC keyboards have a "+/=" key.

So I'm guessing TWS is reading the raw keycodes and not the ASCII characters. That might take some experimenting.

#23     May 9, 2012
  4. Lampert

Lampert

Yes control-alt-equal works for me. My equal key has + / =. It works on both the TWS window and the Gateway window.

Note that there is a separate limit for TWS tickers and API tickers. I subscribed to the IBIS research add-on ($39 / month) but this only increased the ticker limit from 100 to 250 for TWS (did not apply to API tickers).

To increase the limit for API tickers, it is necessary to subscribe to Quote Booster ($30 / 100 tickers / month). This will increase the ticker limit for TWS and API.

After subscribing, it is necessary to log off/on from the TWS or Gateway in order to establish the new ticker limit.

Len

#24     May 9, 2012
  5. LOL

yep it's an ita keyboard (italian)

It may even be something intercepted by my Asus, as even by random trial i dont seem to find it.

However i did find a way to flip upside down the screen !! (wondering why one would want that :)))

#25     May 9, 2012
  6. Lampert

Lampert

Yes, control-alt-equal works for me (with the +/= key). It works on both the TWS window and the Gateway window.

Note that there is a separate ticker limit for TWS quotes and API quotes. I subscribed to the IBIS Research add-on ($39 / month) but this only increase the ticker limit from 100 to 250 for TWS only (not API).

So I then subscribed to Quote Booster ($30 / 100 tickers / month) which increases the limit for both TWS and API quotes.

Len

#26     May 9, 2012
  7. Stock

Stock

Well your ^/ì key is in the same place as a US +/= key.

#27     May 9, 2012
  8. Lampert

Lampert

Third time submitting this post - not sure what I am doing wrong.

Anyway, control-alt-equal (+/- key) works for me on the TWS window and the Gateway window.

Note that there is a separate ticker limit for TWS quotes and API quotes. I subscribed to the IBIS Research add-on ($39 / month) which only increased the TWS quotes.

Then I subscribed to Quote Booster ($30 / 100 tickers / month) which increases the limit for both TWS and API quotes. It is necessary to log off / log on for the new limit to become effective.

Len

#28     May 9, 2012
  9. yep, comparing the key mappings was my first attempt. But that key does not seem to respond (tried with shift too) ;-)

#29     May 9, 2012
  10. Try to show the language bar and select "EN" to be able to use the ita keyboard as an english keyboard. Either way, it should work if you find what key types "=", then use that key.

Also, regarding symbol limits, now you see why using IB only as the feed is not so good. You might need support for other feeds soon, or, pay for IBIS.

Yes, you should use cost-plus. Select it and use it for a few days, and see how your commissions will improve. Don't use it if you use market orders, use it if you use limit orders (for such small order sizes). You will pay $0.70 instead of $1 (limit orders).

#30     May 9, 2012