algo question

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Newbie11, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Newbie11

Newbie11

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this kind of post. My trading style requires me to take on 5-15 stocks early in the morning. It's hard to manage all of these. Is there any way I can use an algo to just set a max loss for all of them at lets say $100 and then kicks me out while just letting my profits run till I decide to get out of the winning ones? I know this is a loaded question but if anyone is interested in algo trading please help me out :cool: I assume this wouldnt be hard to program.

2. rosy2

rosy2

yes

3. yes

Does your broker allow for stop losses and/or trailing stops?

4. 10 stocks with $100 max loss? What are you trading, 5-10 shares each?

5. Newbie11

Newbie11

Yes they do but my style is too hectic for me to manage all of the stocks. Profitable if I manage the risk at -$100 tho but need it done instantly.

I didn't mean 10 stocks lol I meant 10 different stocks at 100-300 shares. works fine for me. Havent had a losing day in a while but the ones that run against me totally mess up my profits by the time I get a chance to get out of them. Thats why I need an automatic out trigger at -$100 on every trade

6. Newbie11

Newbie11

Another question if my original one is too loaded, does anyone know how much it would cost to pay a programmer to make a system like this and where I could find them? Im sure its not that hard to just make a stop-loss script really quick