ALGO chart patterns. Post TIMEFRAME/MKT and discussion

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by REDP1800, Dec 6, 2018.

1. REDP1800

REDP1800

more algo shenanigans

#11     Dec 7, 2018
    wlnd likes this.
  2. REDP1800

REDP1800

you can make a couple hundred bucks a night off a 1 lots when this one shows up.. place a limit sell above and a limit sell below and just keep moving them 2 pts above mkt n 2 pts below mkt or use a bracket order if your system will let you.

#12     Dec 7, 2018
    wlnd likes this.
  3. REDP1800

REDP1800

surprisewd no one asked any questions about this one.. it is a solid set up that I was willing to share..aand just crickets.

#13     Dec 7, 2018
    wlnd likes this.
  4. REDP1800

REDP1800

thisone showed up 2 days ago.. it is tough to trade because it rallies.. then fools chartists into thinking it is going a to have some follow thru and then they slam it lower. This is not really what the markets were designed for. This is a DISRUPTIVE practice and once the markeet gats takendowntot he point that finally the regulators say it is broken and investors won't show up anymore.. then they will say.. oh well yeah we probably do need to have access to the algos, but right now HFT and props are calling the algo intellectual property.. there is JHIGHKLY ILLEGAL code in the algos.. and the CME doesn't care because it brings volumes. sad. any way this one happens so quickly and is so brutal that there it truly is a LMO..LAND MINE ORDER!

#14     Dec 7, 2018
    wlnd likes this.
  5. REDP1800

REDP1800

this is his cousin now explain to me how you could avoid this one..you cannot unless you trade on a longer time frame.. that is what is happening.. the HFT do not want any competition in the short game and neither do the props.. time frames either need to become longer or even shorter. there is no middle any more and soon the short game will be even more difficult. The cancels need more regulation and limits placed on the book need to have a 500 ms on teh book before being cancelled.. this is hte only way to stop this behavior..

#15     Dec 7, 2018
    wlnd likes this.
  6. wlnd

wlnd

relatively few daytrade stocks. & even fewer do it to the extent you do, reading & taking advantage of algo mm behaviour

i've been the longer tf sucker sh*tted by algos on a no. of occassions now. avoid trading less liquid issues now

are these mostly on smaller & illiquid stocks? do you reco dastrader / jigsaw / buttontrader / bracket trader price ladders to spot such?

#16     Dec 8, 2018
  7. wlnd

wlnd

bl**dy hell.. you're the man to spot & trade these algos at their own game

how do you pre-empt such moves, placing limit orders at fringes & expecting to get filled? is it like fishing all day with ridiculous fringe limit orders, on "selected stocks"? how can we screen for such

#17     Dec 8, 2018
  8. They

They

No questions to ask. If it is consistent market behavior and not an anomaly it can be exploited, just place a limit sell/buy above/below with tight stops. It is a classic RTM scalp trade. In regards to sharing... capture your screen with the time of day and market being traded then we can program our algo to exploit their algo.

#18     Dec 8, 2018
  9. REDP1800

REDP1800

#19     Dec 8, 2018
  10. REDP1800

REDP1800

it is very consistent. explsin the trade to me and i will share the mkts and times..times are very consistent which us nice. ive made a few thousand but there is lots more..i csnnot figure out why sometimes the algo fires up first then down or down then up..that part seem random

#20     Dec 8, 2018