Alex's Trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by aldrums, Apr 10, 2018.

1. aldrums

aldrums

I don’t see anybody else doing it, so I thought I would create a thread with my daily statements and see how it goes. I’ll post the previous day’s statement each morning when I receive my email.

I daytrade SPY and the ES.

I normally only browse the ET threads on Friday afternoons. So if you post any comments, please wait until Friday for a response.

My goal this year is to get to the point where I can trade real size. I have never done that before.

-Alex

2018-04-09 Statement.JPG

expOTMplz, slugar and Eldredge like this.
  2. Why SPY and ES?

3. aldrums

aldrums

Waiting for the bombs to drop…literally. Couldn't go long yesterday. I didn't want to be on the wrong side on the market with imminent military action in Syria. It was tough.
    2018-04-10 Statement.JPG

expOTMplz likes this.
  4. aldrums

aldrums

ID NR7. Buyers are still out in force, they bought it a quarter point above the morning low EOD. Expecting some action Thursday. Couldn't trade this afternoon, wife got stressed about the taxes and that was all she wrote. Spent the afternoon going through receipts. Looks like I didn't miss much. Not okay to buy until the bombs drop.
    2018-04-11 Statement.JPG

5. traider

traider

You trade before cash equities market opens?

6. aldrums

aldrums

In the attached B/O mode chart: The first trade taken at the daily swing high got the ATR, the second one was BE, the trade at the YH would gotten the ATR (if you got filled), you would have made a little at the DSW again, then the ATR again at the Yhigh again. They all worked! This all is within the context of a big bull flag. The market isn't trending but breakout mode is working because it is staying above the yhigh. Should have not bot the decline at the EOD after it came down fast from the weekly high. I was correct that the market would go higher, and I adjusted my stop, that was good. It hit the weekly high at 15:25. Then I took two scalps after that. That was dumb. It never cleared the high. And those two scalps were the losers. Also, I was expected a break of the weekly high, but the 15:00 volume was about 1/2 normal. That was a warning! You can expect a test but just sell at the high!
    Everything was calm…and then bam! There was an impulse down. Then…if I had sold the zero ticks after the SPTick hit the ylow that would have been a very profitable trade. I could have covered at -1000, and then bought when the Ticks hit the ylow at the end of the swing and gone long…wow!! See attachment. Also, when the Ticks and SPTicks both hit the ylow again at 15:48 that was a buy for a scalp…but I already had both bullets. That would be a tough buy considering that weekly high however…but what is happening is traders are covering their shorts…so it goes up!
    2018-04-12 Statement.JPG 2018-04-12 BreakoutMode.JPG 2018-04-12 SPTickImpulse,TickYlow.JPG