alexis should go....

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gunslinger, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Put him on your ignore list. You won't see any more of his threads or posts.

#11     Feb 18, 2008
  2. How about your member conduct rules:

you are not to upload, post, or otherwise distribute... any content ... -- that:
    - is insulting or argumentitive without merit, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous,
    - victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability
    - Registration is limited to one username per member. Elite Trader may, without prior notice, immediately terminate any or all of your accounts after discovering you have registered, and/or posted under, multiple usernames. (you know... Alexis, Publisher, Aristocrat, Nabuchodonosor...)
    http://www.elitetrader.com/conduct_rules.cfm

I mean, if you think that members starting a dozen openly antisemitic threads every day and quoting Hitler, David Duke, "the Protocols", Stormfront.com etc don't violate these rules, you might as well just get rid of the member conduct page altogether.

#12     Feb 18, 2008
  3. Baron, I wrote the op not because of the content of what alexis wrote but because, imo, even on a private message board I believe there should be decorum. He could have beeen writing about lollypops in Brazil for all I care, but to spam the forum and artificially inflate the views (ie. most of his posts have a response:view ratio of 2000:1), I believes it compromises the integrity of one of the two internet sites I actually post on.

#13     Feb 18, 2008
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I reviewed some of his recent posts, and in light of what I saw, he's been banned.

Thanks for the feedback.

#14     Feb 18, 2008
  5. Cool,dont think many will be sad to see him go.

#15     Feb 18, 2008
  6. hughb

hughb

I don't remember what the handles were of the original posters, but about three or four times I've had to ask an asshat in the P&R forum why the hell he has a password to a trading site, as all their threads are about Jews. Alexis was the most recent, so now I wonder if he was actually all of them. I wonder what the motive of someone like that is? Are they really so dumb they can't see they make fools of themselves?

#16     Feb 18, 2008
  7. hughb

hughb

Ahh, so that's what he's doing. He's using this site to get his message out by manipulating the page views to attract search engines to it.

#17     Feb 18, 2008
  8. Thank yuo, Baron!

I'd PM'd Joe A. in Support about this "person" Alexis, earlier this morning as well. Joe has always been very helpful and courteous - I felt kind of bad afterward railing to him about Alexis, which of course, Joe has nothing to do with.

It'll be interesting to see if "Alexis" comes back under yet another name. The "Alexis" name was started in Sept. of 2007 - 69 posts and NOT ONE having anything even tangentially related to trading in it!

#18     Feb 18, 2008
  9. #19     Feb 19, 2008
  10. Turok

Turok

Frankly, I don't give a S*** what the guy writes about, I just don't click on those sorts of threads.

That being said, he is clearly programatically manipulating the views -- right now he has the most recent threads in PnR and there are no replies -- but hit the refresh button as fast as you can and the views are just spinning like an odometer.

JB

#20     Feb 19, 2008