Alexander Elder's two books ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by 2ez, Jan 1, 2008.

1. 2ez

2ez

Almost finished: "Come into my Trading Room" and just ordered the Study Guide for the book. Just wondering is it worth ordering his book: "Trading for a Living" too or would this be duplicating efforts ? both have good ratings on Amazon.

2. jnbadger

jnbadger

I think "Trading for a living" is worth it if you're still in the growing stages.

I used to work with a guy who ran our firm who thought it was the "bible" when it came to trading psychology. After Elder gets past the psychological aspects, however, it's a pretty dry read in my opinion.

If you have less than a few thousand hours of screen time under your belt, I think I'd give it a shot. I think it's worth the price to have on your shelf.

Hope this helps.

Good trading

3. 2ez

2ez

Thanks for the reply. The Audio CD is less than $20. Maybe worth to buy it for the car.

Thanks again.

4. Entries and Exits was my favorite Elder book of the three, definitely worth reading if you like his first two books.

5. chalice

chalice

This is one one of the best trading books I've read.
    Most of the other books don't take into account the vast numbers of different trading styles and personalities of people. They presume that there is only "one" correct way, which is obviously not correct.

I enjoyed the book because of it's weighted focus on the psychological aspects of trading. Most other books I have encountered are less effective in this area, although they may be technically sound.

The money management element was also most helpful. Many other authors mention the "importance of money management" but don't tell you what it is or how to do it.

The technical analysis areas in this book are a little light, but there are many other sources for that, and this is unlikely to be the only book you buy.

6. 2ez

2ez

which particular book are u refering to ?