Alexander Elder

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by torontoman, Jun 2, 2005.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

1) fix the code so that it take EMA ( you should have done this the first time around, where is the quality control process?)
    2) put then esignal public domain
    3) give Elder the site or just delete it since there is no real need for separated site any more.
    4) on Delta site tell people where to find the indicators, thank you for your contribution :)

#41     Jun 23, 2005
  2. Threei

Threei

As Russian, I feel the urge to chime in... :)

While this is very correct observation overall, in this particular case I believe other factor played major role. Dr Elder lived in USA long enough to stop percieving surrounding world as permanent threat. However, the reference to not having his own name legally protected as a foundation for using it without his permission does initiate nasty feeling...

Not trying to subject Dr. Elder to psychoanalysis :D , he is big guy to speak for himself. Just IMO about what triggered the turn of cordial exchange into fight.

Vad

#42     Jun 23, 2005
  3. I can tell you still carry the accent. Where do you reside now if i may ask?

I would get pretty pissed off if a guy trying to use my work and name started spouting off name rights after he was asked to dismiss himself. Leaches belong in swamps. Is Guy Ellis anyone worth mentioning beyond his universe? In this country, people disappear for such infractions. This guy is lucky it's Elder and not Goldman Sachs. His toe would be tagged by now.

be good.

alex

#43     Jun 23, 2005
  4. Threei

Threei

Let me guess: it's absence of As and THEs that constitutes my "accent"? :D

My editors say they can just grab a bag of those and sprinkle my texts with them, and most will be placed just right, so stubbornly I ignore them... It's a somewhat foreign concept for russian-speaking, so we tend to just skip most of them.

I reside in NA since 1996, came knowing pretty much "hi" and "bye", read my first trading books with electronic dictionary translating literally word by word, page a day... yikes!

Vad

#44     Jun 23, 2005
  5. #45     Jun 23, 2005
  6. Learner

Learner

erie,
    How many years have been this game with real money trading?

#46     Jun 23, 2005
  7. I'll answer your question and that's it for me. Over 5yrs now. It's been a progression. Elder is not the only seminar taken. The person asked a supposedly sincere question and I gave my sincere answer.

This is getting off topic and if I have nothing good to say about something I generally stay quiet.

erie

#47     Jun 23, 2005
  8. jond83

jond83

I actually went to highschool with his son. He use to take us out to the city when his son and I were in third grade. Only if I knew then that I was hanging out with a millionaire. ;)

#48     Jun 23, 2005
  9. Actually, i'd rather have less A's and The's. I know some that learn english and always use The in front of everything. I know how hard the culture shock can be when you speak a foreign language. I commend you on your progress. I will gladly help as i am somewhat fluent in russian but it sounds like you have things under control. Good luck in mastering the language and trading.

alex

#49     Jun 23, 2005
  10. cath99

cath99

#50     Jun 25, 2005