Alexander Elder

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by torontoman, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Has anyone attended his seminars?

Any input would be appreciated.

2. I have not..., but it's my opinion in general that seminars are really a total waste of money.

3. Yes , I have attented one of his seminars in Vegas. Found him very informative. He works with traders all over the world. Very down to earth , not hype and flash .

erie

4. So are his books.

5. Milles

Milles

I have gotten the C D book (Come into my trading room) and
    its Well worth the money.
    I have not attended his seminars but would if they had one closer to where i live.

6. Look....

Authors...seminar sellers...software sellers...systems sellers...book sellers...has been traders...mentorship sellers...

If these people are not able to show you a successful sequence of monthly brokerage statements...then there is absolutely no way to tell if they have anything to sell in the first place....

7. read his books - worth the price of admission.

8. DblArrow

DblArrow

This in my opinion is such an overhyped statement - "not all coaches can play and not all players can coach". Some of the best players, from whatever game cannot coach and pass along what it is that made them so good. It takes a certain type to be able to pass along that information to the point the the student understands and incorporates the info.

I have found alot of good info in Elders book Trading for a Living. That being said I personnally would not pay for anybodys seminars - I just don't learn that way.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

9. I have read his books. Although they don't teach you how to make profits, they have taught me to limit my losses and they have taught me to feel comfortable, relaxed and less stress in my trading. I now have less stress, lower losses and therefore, higher profits in the last 10 months. I was just wondering whether the seminars can teach me more than I have already learned.

Any comments would be appreciated.

10. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

I found his first book Trading for a Living useful. Good for new traders.
    I found his second book Come to my Trading room useless.

His examples at the end of the second book didn't even follow his triple screen method. It was a clear downtrend on a bigger timeframe and he was just bottom picking.

#10     Jun 3, 2005