Alex Sink Knocks “Tone-Deaf” White House After Her Florida Gubernatorial Loss

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Nov 8, 2010.

1. I refer to political dog-whistling, and you describe your privates? How indicative.

#21     Nov 8, 2010
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

the fact that the "bush" answer seems to be the level of comparison for more than half of the obama hating is absurd.

bush was an ass. obama is an ass. try to keep up.

#22     Nov 8, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

You were the one asking about my bulge.

#23     Nov 8, 2010
  4. You keep missing the point, either by choice or design. The only point of the Bush reference was to highlight the hypocrisy of the people who are now so fervently opposed to the goings on, while they were supportive of Bush and his administration. It is blatant, outright hypocrisy, pure and simple. Perhaps those who had genuinely opposed Bush may have a bit more credibility in their rantings, but there are now people distancing themselves from Bush even though he was their hero in his day. They are self-revisionists in search of credibility in their self-righteous indignation towards Obama. Did I mention hypocrisy?

#24     Nov 9, 2010
  5. Perhaps that's what you wish you read. Context is everything, isn't it? Thanks for the insight.

#25     Nov 9, 2010
  6. Like this:

"Back in 2006, when Democrats were hoping to win control of the House and Senate, party leaders worked themselves into a righteous outrage over the issue of out-of-control federal spending. Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called the Republican budget “irresponsible” and “unpatriotic” because it increased the amount of U.S. debt held by foreign countries. Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., accused Republicans of going on “an unprecedented and dangerous borrowing spree” and declared GOP leadership “the most fiscally irresponsible in the history of our country … no other president or Congress even comes close.”

#26     Nov 9, 2010
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

yeah, about four-hundred thousand times. we get it. really.

what you continue to miss (either by choice or by design) is most of us agree bush was an ass and an idiot. we got it. honestly. now move the fuck on and start addressing the "here" and "now" instead of trying to play the bush card every single time obama is revealed to be flawed.

#27     Nov 9, 2010
  8. You must understand liberals. They don't wish to measure success against those that they consider great. They like to compare their greatness to those they consider awful.

It makes the comparisons of greatness so much greater.

#28     Nov 9, 2010
  9. Actually, no. Most of the Right here at ET was supportive of Bush while he was in office. Not everyone on the Right, but most. However, they have since self-revised. Did I mention hypocrisy?

The "here and now" is that most of the Rightster "messengers" are agenda-driven hypocrites engaged in partisan hackery. Not all, but most. THAT is the here and now.

#29     Nov 9, 2010
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

ok, perhaps i've missed it. please show me someone who has remained ultra loyal to bush and believes he was a great president.

try not to go back years and years.

#30     Nov 9, 2010