Alex Sink Knocks “Tone-Deaf” White House After Her Florida Gubernatorial Loss

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

Im curious what Range Rover has to say about this one....

by Steve Krakauer | 9:23 am, November 8th, 2010

So what’s the definition of Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking if it comes five days after the election?

Florida Gubernatorial candidate Alex Sink, who lost to GOP candidate Rick Scott, had some harsh words for the Obama administration in an interview with Politico days after her loss.
    Sink told Politico’s Jonathan Martin that the White House had been “tone-deaf” in the run-up to the election, despite having far more positive things to say about the Obama administration prior to Election Day. “They just need to be better listeners and be better at reaching out to people who are on the ground to hear about the realities of their policies as well as politics,” she said.

Sink described a “disconnect between the White House and the rest of the country” while she focused on two specific issues. “They weren’t interested in hearing my opinion on what was happening on the ground with the oil spill,” said Sink, while regarding health care, which she said was “unpopular” among seniors, “they never acknowledged that they had problems with the acceptance of health care reform.”

It’s interesting to see candidates like Sink turn against the White House… now that they’ve lost their election. What would have happened if Sink started saying this before the race was over? Maybe she could have picked up enough Independents to win her tight race.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/alex...e-house-after-her-florida-gubernatorial-loss/

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Considering Dumbo is an elitist this isn't really surprising.

3. Interesting how Obama is characterized as an elitist, whereas Bush came from money and a seriously connected family. Just to be fair, Lucrum, did you also call Bush an elitist? Or is that a dog whistle in your pocket?

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

here we go with the bush comparisons again. no matter what the topic, bring bush into it.

we need a Godwin's Law equivalent for George W. Bush.

5. Really? I just think it's interesting that the very people who accuse Obama of being an elitist never made such a claim about Bush. My reference to Bush had less to do with the man himself than it did about the overt hypocrisy of partisan hackery and dog-whistle commentary.

6. Hello

Hello

Chris matthews breaks out the dog whistle?

CHRIS MATTHEWS: That's one mistake. The other is when he was a campaigner, he did nothing but talk about what a great country this is, what an exceptional country it is, because a 'guy like me can make it here, and only in a country like this could I have made it.' He was very patriotic, very inclusive, and he was also very interactive in an interesting way.

Ever since he's been president, he's been elitist, and he's come with his teleprompter, and he's given his speech. He hasn't listened. He's talked to, at us, rather than with us.

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2010/11/chris-matthews-obama-elitist-not.html

7. Gabby, to a logical person "elitist" is a term which describes how someone behaves, not how wealthy or poor their family is. I know you aren't the brightest bulb in the box, which is why I'm taking the time to help you understand here. "Elitist" makes an implication about one's behavior or attitudes. One can have a very wealthy family and not be "elitist" at all. One could be from a poor family and be very "elitist". You clearly didn't understand this, because you used wealth as a qualifier for "elitist" in this post, which it is not. You are welcome.

8. Hello

Hello

From wikipedia, definition seems to fit obama to a tee as it pertains to its use in politics, and it also describe obama exactly the same as has been described in the article i posted at the start of this thread.

The term elitism, or the title elitist, are sometimes used resentfully by people who are (or claim to be,) not a member of an elite organization.[2] In politics, the terms are often used to describe people as being out of touch with the Average Joe. The implication is that the alleged elitist person or group thinks they are better than everyone else; and, therefore, put themselves before others. It could be seen as a synonym for snob. An elitist is not always seen as truly elite, but only privileged. This definition is often used in politics; in societies in which social equality is valued, and the middle and lower classes have political power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism

9. Really? So how many of you here had previously referred to Bush as being elitist. After all, he had no time for regulatory reform or environmental reform, thereby favoring the corporate elite at the expense of the little guy and his well-being. His tax cuts disproportionately favored the rich. He took no steps to curtail the outsourcing taking place on his watch, and had no problem supporting tax cuts for those companies that actively engaged in the outsourcing of jobs. What was happening to health care during his watch, as people were being denied coverage at the worst possible time, or their premiums were going through the stratosphere? How, exactly, was he a man of the people? Because he had a folksy manner of speech and occasionally wore a cowboy hat at his ranch? Is that all it took for you guys?

Again, how many of you who call Obama an elitist also called Bush an elitist?

10. First you start a thread dedicated to me now this ? Its not that serious.

#10     Nov 8, 2010