Alex Jones: Unbalanced and Demented

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jul 5, 2022.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Another Defamation suit is underway in Connecticut with two other Defamation trials scheduled to begin next month...

----------

Aug. 16, 2022, 9:08 AM EDT / Source: Associated Press
    By The Associated Press

Alex Jones must face defamation case in Connecticut despite bankruptcy filing, judge rules

An attorney for the plaintiffs praised the judge’s decision: "We’re grateful the bankruptcy court saw through Alex Jones’s brazen effort to block a jury from being empaneled and holding him accountable."

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A federal bankruptcy judge on Monday cleared the way for a defamation lawsuit in Connecticut to proceed against Infowars host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.
    • The case was filed by relatives of some victims of the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Jones has falsely claimed that the nation’s deadliest school shooting — which killed 20 students and six educators — was a hoax.
    Jones’ lawyer had sought to transfer the case to a federal bankruptcy court, rather than continue the case in Connecticut state court. That move brought the first day of jury selection to a sudden halt earlier this month.

However, Monday’s ruling by Judge Julie Manning essentially allows the plaintiffs to continue the defamation lawsuit against just Jones as an individual, without Free Speech Systems, a company owned by Jones and a defendant in the Connecticut case.

“The plaintiffs’ rights to have that process continue in the Connecticut Superior Court should not be disturbed,” Manning wrote in the decision, adding that the plaintiffs’ claims for damages were ready for trial.

A message was left seeking comment with Jones’ attorney, Norm Pattis.

Chris Mattei, an attorney for the plaintiffs, praised the bankruptcy judge’s decision. “We’re grateful the bankruptcy court saw through Alex Jones’s brazen effort to block a jury from being empaneled and holding him accountable. We look forward to trial,” he said in a written statement.

Free Speech Systems filed for bankruptcy in Texas about a week before Jones’ lawyer sought to have the Connecticut case transferred.

A Texas jury this month ordered Jones to pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the parents of one of the children killed at Sandy Hook, in addition to another $4.1 million he must pay for the suffering he put them through by claiming for years that the shooting was a hoax.

Jones’ attorneys plan to appeal and try to lower the amount. Meanwhile, besides the case in Connecticut, a trial for damages is pending in Texas that was filed by the parents of another child killed at Sandy Hook.

Before the trial in Texas, Jones had already been found liable in a separate defamation lawsuit in Texas and another in Connecticut by relatives of some of the Sandy Hook victims.

The Connecticut jury will decide what, if any, damages Jones owes in that case, although state law could also limit what he would have to pay.
    • The two remaining trials are expected to begin next month, after juries are selected. Jury selection in the Connecticut case could resume this week, lawyers said.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...e-connecticut-bankruptcy-filing-jud-rcna43282

wrbtrader

#101     Aug 16, 2022
  2. easymon1

easymon1

Yeah wrb, there will be at least two more go rounds.
    gwb jab.jpg

#102     Aug 16, 2022
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yep...Alex Jones admitted that nude photos of his wife...

---------

Alex Jones sent ‘nude photo’ of his wife to Roger Stone, Sandy Hook lawyer claims

‘That intimate photo was sent to Roger Stone, and I don’t know if that was consensual’

Alisha Rahaman Sarkar
    Tuesday 09 August 2022 14:54

Infowars founder and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones allegedly sent an “intimate photo” of his wife to Donald Trump ally Roger Stone.

Mark Bankston, a lawyer representing the parents of a Sandy Hook shooting victim in their defamation lawsuit against Mr Jones, caused a stir in court last week when he revealed he was accidentally sent two years worth of contents of Mr Jones’ phone during the discovery process.

Mr Bankston claimed the trove of messages showed Mr Jones had lied about the extent to which he had communicated with close associates about Sandy Hook.

Last week, Mr Jones and his lawyers sought an emergency protection motion to destroy the leaked messages and declare a mistrial.

On Monday, Mr Bankston claimed Mr Jones had sent an “intimate photo” of his wife to self-proclaimed political “dirty trickster” Mr Stone.

“I’m a little concerned about it because that intimate photo was sent to Roger Stone, and I don’t know if that was consensual,” the lawyer told TYT Network.

“And if it wasn’t consensual, and Mrs [Erika] Wulff Jones should know about that."

“And there might be something that needs to be done about that. Then again, it could be totally consensual,” he continued.

“But when I see that and I don’t see any indication that it was, I’m concerned something might not be on the up and up with that. There are certainly laws in certain states about that.”

Mr Jones on Saturday admitted that a naked photo of his wife was part of his texts.

“Sorry, I mean, there was a photo I sent my wife of her naked... So, my wife looks pretty good. The point is, there is one naked picture of my wife in there, so that’s what they got! No dick pics, no nothing,” he said.

The far-right conspiracy theorist lost a defamation suit launched by the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting for spouting false claims that the massacre, in which 26 people were shot and killed at the elementary school in Newtown in 2012, wasn’t real.

He has been ordered to pay $45.2m in punitive damages to the family of a victim by a Texas jury, in addition to $4.11m in compensatory damages.

Mr Stone had last week accused Mr Jones’s lawyers of deliberately leaking the contents of this mobile phone during the defamation trial.
    wrbtrader

#103     Aug 19, 2022
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#104     Aug 22, 2022
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

#105     Aug 22, 2022
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

#106     Aug 22, 2022
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#107     Aug 26, 2022
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#108     Aug 29, 2022
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#109     Aug 30, 2022
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

After the September defamation trial...16 more to go.

This dick will be in court for the next 2 years for enabling his followers to troll, stalk, harass and threaten the Parents of those children that were killed in the school shooting.

Heck, he can now hire the fired police chief Pete Arredondo of Uvalde as his private security...another coward.

wrbtrader

#110     Aug 30, 2022