ALERTS/ALARM help!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GaNgStA Dawg, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Hi

Can anyone pls direct me on where i would be able to get 'audio/alarm' mobile phone alerts on the futures instruments?

I primarily trade the emini sp500, and alot of my positions are entered/closed during 2am - 7am !

I need some gadget where if the emini futures contract trades at a predefined level (set by me) during the asian hours or whenever, i be notified by some hench alarm or something (im a heavly sleeper sometimes)

Im aware alerts can be set on the trading platforms but they dont go on for long enough to wake me up, and more importantly i will not be at home for next couple weeks thus no workstations at home.

Mobile phone alerts or anything - some continuous thing that will get me out of deep sleep at like 3/4am if need be?

thanks

2. good question.

maybe try searching www.cool-trade.com, or write to them.

they are developing this 'hands off/not glue to monitor' idea, so they may point you in the right direction.

3. Sensatus

Sensatus

Investors Chronicle magazine are running a special offer with timetotrade. You can claim 20 free SMS alerts to "try before you buy":
    Investors Chronicle >>

4. I use IB and verizon phone company, I have alarm/alert. Your broker should have this kind of service, email/phone/siren, etc.

5. Sensatus

Sensatus

I use IB as well - they are a good broker. To the best of my knowledge they only provide basic price alerts, but things may have changed since the last time I looked at it.

Timetotrade on the other hand provide a broad range of price, trendline and technical analysis alerts that can be put together in powerful combinations through a simple point and click graphic interface e.g. get an alert when the price hits a trendline followed by for example a MACD crossover. For example: http://www.timetotrade.eu/buildalert.php?symbol=GBPUSD