Alert!!!! Alert!!!! No More Buying Oil Futures

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Aaron Copland, Sep 22, 2008.

1. auspiv

auspiv

OMG LOLz, dude seriously. i'm 18, you're 18, we're in the same boat. and now you're criticizing me for asking a semi-serious question? i didn't know whether there was some action regarding the spike in crude today, so i thought i'd ask. i do recall reading a few poosts by you expressing despair in your trading. but that aside you need to remember there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

you're here to read and learn just as much as i.

#11     Sep 22, 2008
  2. #12     Sep 22, 2008

3. LOL

Dw mate i wernt taking the piss, we were just joking.

And while i think it is great that your starting to trade at 18, which is way way earlier and better than most traders started,
    i wouldn't actually be able to say 'we are in the same boat'.. lol

:)

I started making money from oil back when i was 9 (it was so so obvious that oil would rocket in price cos well it will runout), so i had my parents put all my little savings and pocket money into buying oil for me.

I cashed in way way to early, but i needed the money for something.

Now ive been trading during the day when was at college and all evening, and then spending the evening reading and posting on traidng forums for over 1 year now.

I left college back in July, and starting from just £750 creditcard money, which was all the money i had in the world, my account by mid august was just under £5,600!! :D

I then moved into a luxury new apartment in surrey on 23rd august, with rent and bills hitting just under £890 per month, and paid 3months rent upfront + over £1,5000 security deposit!

And now back trading again from what started at barely £2,000 capital again, im currently playing with the £1,000 profit so far this month (after taking 1st week off), making £800 consistently last week just to lose it in 1 nightmare oil move taht came from nowhere, im already back to being in £1,000+ profit for the month so far, and have barely got started yet!! lol

Thats why we not in the same boat, cos i learnt how to trade and make enough money the hard way by 1st working out how to lose money... lol

But now i trade for my fulltime career and make a very decent living off starting accounts that i need to make 50% profit on in the month just to survive and feed mysefl!
    :D :D

But enough about me.... LOL

The reason your question amde us laugh so much was because when the bloke said sarcastically,
    ''Selling banned on all US stock exchanges. Buying banned on all commodity exchanges'',
    if that was actually true the entire market would just collapse in on itself to nothing and there would be an uproar!! LOL

:D

#13     Sep 23, 2008
  4. Talking to yourself again? You should seek psychological assistance.

#14     Sep 23, 2008
  5. Hang on a second,are you sure it's a luxury apartment in Surrey if rent AND bills only come to £890 per month?

#15     Sep 23, 2008

6. Yea its luxury and a brand new build, but only a studio flat so not too much. :)

And its in addlestone, which is wedged between the virginia water, weybridge and chertys that are basically becoming millionaire only villages now... lol

But luckily addlestone not take the hit yet.

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. maybe i should move to surrey i dont even like London that much

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. Yes, there is something a bit wrong with that dude

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. For £890 per month all-in,it's bound to be over a fried-chicken place or overlooking the railway line.

#19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. The goverment is going to control all markets very soon. They will have things so screwed up in a few years.

Free markets do work, if the goverment would just stay out. You see how oil came down as the stock market corrected, thats how free markets work.

But the goverment is going to manipulate things the way they want it to work, this is going to be a huge mistake.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&refer=home&sid=aMSdh.rgPmx0

#20     Sep 23, 2008