ALERT! A must read

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro

nitro

My wife just FYI'd me on this:

====
    Your credit: Personal Information goes public starting July 1st, 2003, the four major credit bureaus in the US (Equifax, etc.) will be allowed to release credit information, mailing addresses, phone numbers, etc. to ANYONE who requests it.

If you do not want to be included in this release of your personal information, you may call 1-888-567-8688. Once the message starts you will want option #2 (even though option #1 refers to this email, push #2) and them option #3. Be sure to listen closely, the first option is only for a two-year period.

Make sure you wait until they prompt for the third option, which opts you out FOREVER.

You should receive their paperwork in the mail confirming the "opt out" in less than one week after making the call.
    ====

nitro :eek: :mad:

2. TGregg

TGregg

3. nitro

nitro

Thanks for the info!

Sorry - I fell for it.

nitro

4. nitro,

thanks for the heads up anyway - and TGregg for the article - interesting and something that I wasn't aware of.

plum

5. TGregg

TGregg

Yer welcome. Snopes is an excellent resource for checking out very important sounding info that only circulates via unofficial sources (word of mouth, emails, boards, etc.)

6. BWAHAHAHAHA!! WHAT A FREAKIN 'TARD YOU MUST BE!!:D :D :D :D

(AND YOU WIFE IS RIGHT UP THERE WITH YOU :p )

"Make sure you wait until they prompt for the third option, which opts you out FOREVER. "hurry... call 1-888-567-8688!!"

HAHAHAHAHHA!!

WHAT ELSE ARE YOU FALLING FOR!!!

YOU MUST OF GOT THE BAB OOH N BRAINS!! HAHA HAHHA!

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH NITRO!

:p :p :p :p

7. If you don't mind me saying... it was real considerate and classy of you to post it for others!

Bravo bro...

(when is it going to get warmer in this City?)

Ice:cool:

8. start taking your meds at least twice a day... no more PRN!

d'accord??!!

Ice

:cool:

9. Well shit happens and Nitro got it -- it could happen to the best of us. Nitro now knows that it is an urban legend but, more importantly, everyone else now knows that you're an ASSHOLE.

10. LOLOLOL....was there ever any doubt...:D
    Well, look at the brightside of it...at least he's not sneaky about it....with ole longshot-snot-rot - you can pretty much count on what's coming down the pike at any given time....

Still a good tee-off though affie.....LMAO

#10     May 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.