Alcohol more harmful than heroin, crack cocaine, and other drugs according to study

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phenomena, Nov 1, 2010.

1. It's not a medical report.

It's a compilation of statistics.

Drunk driving deaths vs. Heroin driving deaths, for example.

We don't have opium dens but we have bars. Simple math.

Note the timing of the release of the "report" or "study" or whatever they're calling it.

It's election day!

#11     Nov 2, 2010
  2. Yes, and when we did have opium dens, there weren't opiate related killings, robberies, parasitic drug enforcement agencies, 3rd world parasite violent drug dealers, and billions upon billions in drug enforcement, prosecution, and incarceration. There also wasn't polluted drug supply, users knew what they were getting and didn't end up using some fucked up substance which killed them. Opium dens would have managers who would keep people from over consuming, etc. Multibillions spent on an abject failure war on drugs, millions of people imprisoned, sometimes for decades, who have harmed no one, the empowerment of violent parasite 3rd world drug cartels, empowerment of drug enforcement agencies who regularly shit all over the constitution, particularly the 4th amendment in the process of their faux crusade. Yaaay! Rah rah war on drugs!!!! Remember what they said about re-legalizing alcohol? "We can't do that! The whole nation will be addicted to it! The whole nation will go to hell!" Puritanical bullshit. No one is killing for alcohol (why would they, it's legal and hence reasonably priced and widely available). No alky women are sucking cock for a beer...

#12     Nov 2, 2010
  3. The study was from the UK, it's election day in the United States... UK elections were in May. Good thing you aren't a drug user...

#13     Nov 2, 2010
  4. The study concluded that alcohol was worse for society as a whole, not for the individual...

#14     Nov 2, 2010
  5. +1

The opium would be regulated by health agencies to ensure quality and safety. Profits go to government for roads and schools and hospitals as opposed to drug dealers. No need to go to the crack-house down the road with the shady rapist.

#15     Nov 2, 2010
  6. Yah, we can take that money no longer spent on the retarded war on drugs, replace it with actual revenue from taxation of narcotics, quit fighting stupid wars to the tune of billions which create problems for our security AND for Israel's security, and cut about a dozen other retarded programs, we could have tax cuts and still eliminate the deficit within a few years. Not to mention a safer america, with fewer violent criminals both with and without badges...

#16     Nov 2, 2010
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm a recovering alcoholic. I don't believe ANY of the mentioned substances were meant to be put in the human body.

When they are, nothing good comes from it...

I will at least note that with marijuana, an anorexic person would at least be tempted to eat, and a cancer patient undergoing chemo therapy may stop throwing up for a while.

#17     Nov 2, 2010
  8. I disagree. A very good thing comes from it. A person does something they want to do. A person makes a decision regarding their own life instead of a government making it for them. Freedom- it's a beautiful thing...

You know what nothing good comes from? Bloated and corrupt government departments, prohibition thugs, 3rd world parasite gangsters.

#18     Nov 2, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Oh, I'm with you. I'm a Libertarian. I believe we are responsible for what we decide to put in our bodies, and our actions thereafter. The government has ZERO business telling people what they can and cannot do to their body and mind.

#19     Nov 2, 2010